Starting to get more and more tinfoil hatty. WW3?

How are you preparing
dazthechippy

Re: Starting to get more and more tinfoil hatty. WW3?

Post by dazthechippy »

just makes me realise how under prepared I really am and how much i have to still do, nothing like a compelling event to make you focus.

personally I think that no one wants a big bang type thing as that'd be game over for everyone but i do see a series of other events, some short term, some long term gathering momentum and starting to play out..
shocker

Post by shocker »

Like the fact that the Fukashima engineers have "lost" a reactor core and that the pacific is so radioactive that the salmon run in canada is dead. And the possibility that if the hot cores burrow their way to the earths core the planet could explode. That and the prediction today that life on earth could be extinct in 9 years due to the unstoppable japanese nuclear leak into the sea.

As I have said before...bugger!

ps- dont buy and store any new canned pacific fish...unless you want to save on batteries by glowing
*** NOW 30% LESS SHOCKING!!!***
redskies

Post by redskies »

So many cheerful rays of pitch black :mrgreen:

For what it's worth, those with 'a feeling', you are so very not alone. Not only am I sharing it, I know a fair few other folks do too. It's caused by your subconscious noticing everything around you, adding it up and coming to ''Oh S**T'' as a conclusion. The add up is based part on instinct, but also on everything you know and have learned, even the stuff you think you've forgotten about.

If 'world leaders' manage not to get their egos in a bunch, then tbh, I think you're going to have a combination of things kick in until it all meets at a point marked ''fall over here''. I also think we may well see a good bit of boiling frog while it happens. The only real question is will it be a slow collapse into a pile of rubble or will it be more of an explosion.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

shocker wrote: And the possibility that if the hot cores burrow their way to the earths core the planet could explode.
Not hugely pro nuclear but I'm not sure that's correct. I've read a proposal that while probably politically unacceptable is practical scientifically with relation to nuclear waste. The proposal would be to send the waste below the crust in positions where geological plate movements would send it deeper . By the time it eventually , or if , it reappears via volcanic action or plate movement the radiativaty would have decayed to such a level as to render it harmless.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

shocker wrote:And the possibility that if the hot cores burrow their way to the earths core the planet could explode.
The energy locked up in our planet's interior is far greater than the cores of all the nuclear reactors can produce, there may even be some sort of nuclear reaction driving it ( that's the theory of some scientists) anyway a flea on an Elephant's bottom on that one, but the amount of radiation in the sea is a concern, I think it was barking mad that they didn't take in to consideration that the land could sink, effectively putting the sea walls below their "safety estimations" for the size of the wave.

I'm not quite ready for the underpants and pencils yet

I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
sethorly

Post by sethorly »

Maybe foolishly, I don't see military conflict with Russia as a likelihood. Conflicts to do with massive migrant flows due to climate change, internal battles within the West with Salafists, and a Middle Eastern war as Israel moves inexorably towards a single state solution seems more likely. Unlike Bannon, I also don't see a military conflict with China, despite their annexation of the "South China Sea". But who knows?
=======
Plymton wrote:Klingon ass scratcher
=======
Area 8
=======
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

shocker wrote:Like the fact that the Fukashima engineers have "lost" a reactor core and that the pacific is so radioactive that the salmon run in canada is dead. And the possibility that if the hot cores burrow their way to the earths core the planet could explode. That and the prediction today that life on earth could be extinct in 9 years due to the unstoppable japanese nuclear leak into the sea.

As I have said before...bugger!

ps- dont buy and store any new canned pacific fish...unless you want to save on batteries by glowing
From what I've been told (by a reactor tech) thats not possible, as the core melts down it gathers soil ect and the mass slows the reaction until you end up with a glowing mess about 20 foot down. No way will it reach the earths core. Nor is it possible for them to explode like an atom bomb.
jaffab

Post by jaffab »

Time magazine agreed with your in 2011 - it was not possible. But then (playing the devils whats-it), a lot of things are not possible or wont happen... right up to the moment they do. :tinfoil

http://science.time.com/2011/05/16/was- ... -syndrome/
You live in a time of decay, when the worth of a man is how much he can pay (Flamboyant, Pet Shop Boys, 2006)
shocker

Post by shocker »

Hey, I said possibility...Im just repeating worst case situations that have been reported elsewhere. And no, I am not going to post a sea of links before anyone asks.
*** NOW 30% LESS SHOCKING!!!***
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

shocker wrote:Hey, I said possibility...Im just repeating worst case situations that have been reported elsewhere. And no, I am not going to post a sea of links before anyone asks.
I didn't think you were OTT, I did think perhaps there was a dodgy source, our own national media puts out some stuff which at times is way off the mark, it can be easy to go with a flow, I've read and watched some stuff of late which if taken seriously could be very worrying..
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.