Starting to get more and more tinfoil hatty. WW3?

How are you preparing
bettersafethansorry

Starting to get more and more tinfoil hatty. WW3?

Post by bettersafethansorry »

I am really beginning to think in my lifetime if not soon something will happen... is this a natural feeling we all preppers get or is it impending doom looming over us and in and out of the media daily...

With this in mind saying I dont have a nuke bunker in my 2 bed terrace

whats options do i have to prepare...

Whats the likely hood we will be in a blast zone or fall out zone?
Do the over counter radiation treatments work? (or would these just delay the inevitable)

Bar the usual food and supplies i really need to start thinking about home defense... strength in numbers.... communications.... etc.... Any help, ideas, links would be great.

-M
We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.
- Sir Winston Churchill
jaffab

Re: Starting to get more and more tinfoil hatty. WW3?

Post by jaffab »

Go on then - explain your thought process. Honestly interested in other peoples POV on things.
You live in a time of decay, when the worth of a man is how much he can pay (Flamboyant, Pet Shop Boys, 2006)
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

Sethorly posted a site on here a while ago that lets you drop virtual bombs on things to see where the blast zones will be, obviously you'd want to tailor it to likely targets in your area, fallout zones will depend a lot on the weather at the time and whether the nuke was airburst or detonated at ground level, but would most likely be a lot more widespread than you'd think, Britain received some fallout from Chernobyl!

Link here:
http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
jaffab

Post by jaffab »

I don't think WW3 will be nuclear. More likely to be a religious war or an Economic war.
You live in a time of decay, when the worth of a man is how much he can pay (Flamboyant, Pet Shop Boys, 2006)
TeeDee

Post by TeeDee »

jaffab wrote:I don't think WW3 will be nuclear. More likely to be a religious war or an Economic war.
Both have already started from where I'm standing.
TeeDee

Post by TeeDee »

bettersafethansorry wrote:I am really beginning to think in my lifetime if not soon something will happen... is this a natural feeling we all preppers get or is it impending doom looming over us and in and out of the media daily...

With this in mind saying I dont have a nuke bunker in my 2 bed terrace

whats options do i have to prepare...

Whats the likely hood we will be in a blast zone or fall out zone?
Do the over counter radiation treatments work? (or would these just delay the inevitable)

Bar the usual food and supplies i really need to start thinking about home defense... strength in numbers.... communications.... etc.... Any help, ideas, links would be great.

-M
Give us an idea of where you live? Any Military or significant Industrial type assets in the Area?
jaffab

Post by jaffab »

If it was a nuclear attack, then it really does not matter where you live. When 911 happened, or the eruption of Eyjafjallajökull, dust was settling on my car here in the UK for days/weeks for the 2 instances.

If a war of that scale started, then NY and Washington DC got nuked, the fallout would blow our way in weeks, so it would not matter where you lived in the UK.
Alloneword

Post by Alloneword »

There are very few good points to living in London, but this is one of them.
Nice bright light for a nanosecond and boom i'm gone, none of this running to bunker rubbish and hoping to survive the blast, I mean what are you going to come out too? I know "cockroaches and politicians" the only thing to survive, mind you some say they are the same thing anyway.

All1
Please bear in mind i am prepping for the River Thames to flood and how i can get to safe ground, I'm not worried about the end of the world..... I'll die with the other Minions.
I can't trust Govt or local Council to help me so i have to help myself.
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

Alloneword wrote:There are very few good points to living in London, but this is one of them.
Nice bright light for a nanosecond and boom i'm gone, none of this running to bunker rubbish and hoping to survive the blast, I mean what are you going to come out too? I know "cockroaches and politicians" the only thing to survive, mind you some say they are the same thing anyway.

All1
Unless it happens when you're on the underground and you have to tunnel out, better add a folding shovel to your EDC, ;)

I'm probably reasonably safe from a blast, I'd be right on the edge but with hills in between if the Russians dropped a Tsar Bomba on Portsmouth and those are huge so would probably be ok, I'm personally more concerned about terrorism than war, where I live would be considered a pretty soft target so might be more attractive to a nutter (or group of nutters) than London or a military target.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
jaffab

Post by jaffab »

I managed to get to the end of Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 on the Ps4.
I assume that means I am fully equipped to survive a Nuclear Attack. no?