Smoking in a post SHTF World

How are you preparing
jansman

Re: Smoking in a post SHTF World

Post by jansman »

That's brilliant ukpreppergrrl! If I smoked,I reckon I would follow your instructions and grow my own. Thanks for sharing that.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
shocker

Post by shocker »

I grew and cured organic smoking tobacco on the farm 10 years or more back. A friend had a "head" shop where he sold it, we did well, but I gave it up when he lost the shop.

If anyones interested I will try and dig up the relevent info to add to PrepGirls excellent post.
*** NOW 30% LESS SHOCKING!!!***
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Info is always useful and welcome, Shocks. I'm not a smoker, but it's always handy to know these things. :)
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
shocker

Post by shocker »

I will have a dig around then Bram, Im sure I printed some stuff back along ;)
bettersafethansorry

Post by bettersafethansorry »

growing is a cracking idea... the way tobacco rises the price rise is better than precious metals so get growing!! lol

(btw its 4 months smoke free now) YEY me
We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.
- Sir Winston Churchill
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

bettersafethansorry wrote:growing is a cracking idea... the way tobacco rises the price rise is better than precious metals so get growing!! lol

(btw its 4 months smoke free now) YEY me
Congratulations! 6 years here and it just gets better and better.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
shocker

Post by shocker »

I have been on the vapouriser for 15 months now, cant seem to do the whole shebang, what with all the other health and medication issues. Excuses, excuses. :(
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Brambles wrote:6 years here and it just gets better and better.

Not according to the NHS who class ex-smokers just above smokers :evil:

They may smile at you when you say ex, but they put all your ills down to that old habit..... :tinfoil
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
ukpreppergrrl

Post by ukpreppergrrl »

Probably should add: I live in London and grew these in a London garden. My lodger's great uncle lived in Birmingham and grew them in a garden in Birmingham. I presume they will grow outdoors further north but have no experience. The growing season is quite long - I started them at the beginning of March and I think the plants were finished about September or even October (have a vague recollection about finishing the front path for Halloween and the path construction had been delayed owing to the ground being occupied by the tobacco plants!), further north this may require more protection to extend the growing season long enough. But, that said, they were really easy and unfussy to grow, and NOTHING ate them! Well, nothing that then survived long enough to pass on the information about the new tasty morsels to its friends :twisted: (Nicotine used to be used as an insecticide...)
Blog: http://ukpreppergrrl.wordpress.com
التَكْرَارُ يُعَلِّمُ الحِمارَ "Repetition teaches the donkey" Arabic proverb
"A year from now you may wish you had started today" Karen Lamb
Ahastyatom

Post by Ahastyatom »

shocker wrote:I have been on the vapouriser for 15 months now, cant seem to do the whole shebang, what with all the other health and medication issues. Excuses, excuses. :(
My OH has been on his for at least two years now and shows no sign of quitting. To be fair to him he has dropped to zero nicotine (most of the time) but he says he just likes the habit and the flavours. This has worked really well for him, as instead off feeling like a failure for not managing to quit, he has reduced his dependence on nicotine and even the smallest of reductions has felt like a triumph and kept him going.