Four legged friend

How are you preparing
survivorZ

Four legged friend

Post by survivorZ »

What have you guys done in terms of making sure your dogs are bug out ready, have they got their own doggy bug out bag or been trained to proform certain tasks.
Britcit

Re: Four legged friend

Post by Britcit »

On command, our dogs will sit there, do nothing, and look at me like I'm stupid.

Without asking, they thoughtfully crap on the carpet and chew the sofa cushions.

:D

On a more serious note, I do keep plenty of dog food in case of emergency. If we need to bug out, I keep a small bag of food for them. Enough for a couple of days.
"There are none so blind as those who will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know."
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Our Cat has his own HOB. :) and I have a list of pet friendly hotels. :D Oh and he's more prepared than we are, at any one time there is at least 6months worth of food and kitty litter in the house. :mrgreen:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

No plans at Casa Deeps for anyone to bug out but like the others, we like to keep a healthy supply of scran in for the dogs (and cat).
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

My dog bug out plan is a large oven tray and some garlic butter.... :lol: (not seriously)
To be honest my woof machines would be great as guard dogs but hopeless for anything else, and they'd be a liability in a bug out because they would bark and give away my position.
unsure

Post by unsure »

the family pet gsd , has around 3 months worth of food in the house . it can be stretched to around 4 if needs be . if shes not walked as much then she wont be needing as much . :)
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

Dogs about 3 months food
Cats whatevery they can catch plus dry biscuits for when daddy rabbit plays hard ball
Usually 6 months ish haylage for the horses

Not all four legged friends are small

J
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
Stasher

Post by Stasher »

survivorZ wrote:What have you guys done in terms of making sure your dogs are bug out ready, have they got their own doggy bug out bag or been trained to proform certain tasks.
We're not planning on bugging out. Which is just as well because the only tasks they seem adept at performing are lying on their back, feet in the air on the sofa and looking starved if we are eating!

Having said which, in a stressful situation I am convinced our beautiful, loving girls would switch to 'protect' mode

Over six months of food stored
Knowledge is power
izzy_mack

Post by izzy_mack »

Have 5 dogs and son , who would bug out to us with his girlfriend and 3 dogs, so we keep a good supply of dog food in hand, for 8 it would last a month at the worst for 5 maybe 2months. Often have enough for 6/4 months. If it came to it in a serious long term situation, may have to consider putting down some dogs, the old retired ones first, but don't really want to face that thought. The terrier's not worried though, he's a good ratter and eats the least :D
Cougar

Post by Cougar »

3 months food on hand.
2 days food in the BOB.
List of pet friendly hotels.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Mark Twain

Area 4