Babies and small children!!!!

How are you preparing
RobRAF

Babies and small children!!!!

Post by RobRAF »

Guys - girls...... CALPOL!!!! Are you stoked up? Imagine you arrive at a safe haven and beautiful junior is WAAA WAAA!!!!!!! - you aren't going to have fun making friends with Mr and Mrs Career anytime soon. So do yourself and others a favour - be nice and stock up on the basics, towels, wipes, Calpol etc etc.. Basically - don't think a two day supply - PREP!!!!!!!!!
diamond lil

Re: Babies and small children!!!!

Post by diamond lil »

I think any parent already knows this one lol. Speaking as a mum of 3 (eldest was a pure and utter nightmare) - and granny of 7, I'd go for a crate of gin meself. Either for them or for me. :twisted:
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

RobRAF wrote:Guys - girls...... CALPOL!!!! Are you stoked up? Imagine you arrive at a safe haven and beautiful junior is WAAA WAAA!!!!!!! - you aren't going to have fun making friends with Mr and Mrs Career anytime soon. So do yourself and others a favour - be nice and stock up on the basics, towels, wipes, Calpol etc etc.. Basically - don't think a two day supply - PREP!!!!!!!!!
Really? This post is actually ridiculous. Calm down, read the boards, and stop yelling and spitting multiple ! at people - that's a sure fire way to piss everyone off.
sethorly

Post by sethorly »

itsy, I think it was a light-hearted jokey post.
=======
Plymton wrote:Klingon ass scratcher
=======
Area 8
=======
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

sethorly wrote:itsy, I think it was a light-hearted jokey post.
Not sure what your point is. The post is loud, rude and extremely flippant.
RobRAF

Post by RobRAF »

Wasn't meant to be rude honest.... Just survived Christmas with a sick three year old and the 'Calpol factor' was a godsend. Anyway was just sharing my honest thoughts. Sorry to irritate those in Yorkshire...
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

RobRAF wrote:Wasn't meant to be rude honest.... Just survived Christmas with a sick three year old and the 'Calpol factor' was a godsend. Anyway was just sharing my honest thoughts. Sorry to irritate those in Yorkshire...

So why not say that then?

"Having just survived Christmas without a sick three year old, having plenty of Calpol in our stocks was a godsend. I don't know how we would have coped without it. The thought of being stuck without it in an emergency situation, where you may be in close proximity to others with a screaming sick child, doesn't bare thinking about. I keep at least three (insert number of choice) bottles in my stores, along with xxxxx (insert other 'sick child preps' here). What about you guys, what do you do keep in the way of preps for children who may become poorly during an emergency situation?"

See? That then opens up a thread for an intelligent conversation/debate and it's not just a random post that means absolutely nothing, that has irritated more than those of us who reside in Yorkshire.
Bosworth

Post by Bosworth »

Taking the thread in the spirit intended...

Yes, ibuprofen and paracetamol are important. However, shelf life of 'wet' medicines is not great. Fine if you remember to use and rotate.

However, bear in mind that a 5Ml dose of Calpol is100mg of the active ingredient. In an emergency you can fairly easily give half a normal tablet.

Also, worth thinking about eye infections, skin infections, worms etc and having some stocks to deal with all common childhood ailments.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

A slight tangent here having been there done that etc, a screaming child gets through to me more since I actually became a parent, my own were almost impossible to ignore, we used the non brand version of Calpol and rarely even got close to running out, we had that "prepper" type mind set before the word was in common use, we got clothes from car boot sales a fair bit too, sometimes years in front of when they were needed, so yes stock up on children's medication, cough stuff, Olbas oil, plasters and possibly ear plugs :lol:
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
SooBee

Post by SooBee »

I have to go back a lot of years for this one but...try to get to the stage when you buy a year ahead in sizes too - especially coats.
They grow faster than you expect, wear out their shoes faster as soon as they can walk, cost more in basics and the coat seems so much more expensive than you expect it to be.

Treasure those smiles though....they don't always mean hiccups!