What Preps are you doing this week? Part 4

How are you preparing
Captain Darling

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 4

Post by Captain Darling »

On Tuesday I will be starting Krav Maga again after several years off. Also looking forward to putting into practice some skills I learned on a permissive land survival exercise I was on in late November.
Cutting, combustion, cordage, container, cover.
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

ChefSimon wrote: My square foot garden has been put on hold until I can find some salvage wood or find some cash to pay for the rest of the materials 8-)
Try a Pallet company for some Pallet collars. I used them for raised beds in a previous garden if you should be able to get second hand ones quite cheap and they are already the right shape. :)

http://www.oxbox.com/wood-packaging/pallet-collars.php
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
sethorly

Post by sethorly »

Found my first chaga fungus. Really chuffed. And yet another utility pouch full of birch bark and cramp ball fungus.
=======
Plymton wrote:Klingon ass scratcher
=======
Area 8
=======
whenfires

Post by whenfires »

Bought myself a Nitecore Tube USB rechargable torch. Very handly little EDC torch on my car/house keys.
Twitter: @whenfires
Disclaimer: May contain Amazon affiliate links harmful to wealth
jansman

Post by jansman »

Onion seeds have germinated well.I thoroughly recommend an electric propogater.Emptied two of my five compost heaps and set a load of ' Rocket' new potatoes in the poly tunnel. Also a short row of radishes.All covered with fleece too.

That will be it until February as I am off to Spain for awhile,but when I get back I shall be starting tomatoes and chillies.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
sethorly

Post by sethorly »

whenfires wrote:Bought myself a Nitecore Tube USB rechargable torch. Very handly little EDC torch on my car/house keys.
Just looked it up. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/sho ... HOTS-VIDEO Great find! Seems perfect for EDC and for the inner tops of my backpacks. Solar rechargeable too it seems.
=======
Plymton wrote:Klingon ass scratcher
=======
Area 8
=======
7 lives

Post by 7 lives »

Not as well stocked on food as I thought I was-had prepped for us 2 oldies.Have had 2 more adults at home for last 9 weeks-food stock melting away like summer mist.Planning on a rethink and restock!
Stasher

Post by Stasher »

Well. it's seville orange season, so three different types of marmalade have been made, labelled and squeezed in the cupboard. Also dug out some of the summer fruit languishing at the bottom of the the frrezer and gave that a good jamming as well. I think I've bought the last of the post Christmas bargains to be had and that's all been shoved in the attic. Given the pet food stocks a thorough rotation.

Our minds are turning to seed (oh how true, how true!) and planting at the moment. I love this time when life starts to surge thro the soil with the promise of delicious food to come
Knowledge is power
bobble

Post by bobble »

New year preps so far. Did a food, medicines and cleaning stuff stock take. Stocked up on food and straw for hens. Spread one of the compost heaps on to the spud plot. Got more wool for knitting machine project.
uivenger

Post by uivenger »

whenfires wrote:Bought myself a Nitecore Tube USB rechargable torch. Very handly little EDC torch on my car/house keys.
I have just replaced my Nitecore Tube. Had it for about 9 months, just stopped working completely (and yes, I have tried charging it :D ).
Replaced with an Olight i3E EOS. 90 lumens, not bad for a keychain light. Have to see how it goes.
Area 9 (Home Weekends)
Area 12 (Work Mon-Fri)