What Preps are you doing this week? Part 4

How are you preparing
Abagorth

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 4

Post by Abagorth »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:
Abagorth wrote:Has anyone used Broad Spectrum Water Mist Fire Extinguishers https://www.safelincs.co.uk/ultrafire-w ... nguishers/ you can use them on A, B, C and F type fires and they are safe on live electrical equipment up to 1000V, and best of all they don't leave a mess.

We are currently switching out our AFFF Foam Spray Fire Extinguishers for them at work

Yes I have ;) they are expensive. And swapping out afff for foam what does your workplaces insurance think? As for class b risk (flammable liquids they are not accredited as I think it's the loss prevention council don't recognize water as a flammable liquids medium yes I know it works ;) know our insurance was horrified when we enquired as if approved you could dump 2 extinguishers water / afff and co2 ( they are usually hung in pairs) but no approval = no go

Foam is great on oil fires ;)
The ones we are getting are rated 13A, 21B, 75F, I believe just the afff ones are going, we have no water ones at all and the co2 ones are staying, this is in an office environment so not a high chance of a class b fire.

I'll check about the insurance company, although we recently had a site risk survey carried out on behalf of our insurers and as I understand it this was one of their recommendations.
Chemistry

Post by Chemistry »

Thanks guys :D

The extingusher is just a 1kg water based system...pretty useless for most situations but felt better to carry something!

I am now considering purchasing emergency fire masks to help protect from smoke inhalation, have others bought these before?
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Replaced the locks on the house today simple job needing just s screwdriver

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=88m_Hk5ipI8
https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=291s&v=TCufUpr_QRY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A2Ay1dlxhgk

With British standard ts007 *** locks about £25 each but should slow them down
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Jay

Post by Jay »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:Replaced the locks on the house today simple job needing just s screwdriver
Luckily we still live in an environment where doors and windows can still be left open!

Does reading through the many posts on this site count as "Prepping"? It should do!

Seriously though, many thanks to the people who post on here, it is making for some thought provoking reading.
The more restrictions and prohibitions there are, the poorer the people will be.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Jay wrote:
Luckily we still live in an environment where doors and windows can still be left open!
Were are you, Tan Hill? :lol:
Does reading through the many posts on this site count as "Prepping"? It should do!
Of course it does, Prepping needs a lot of research (thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it)
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Today, I'm prepping by going to the dentist :( a tooth broke a couple of weeks ago, emergency filling in place the next day (thank you NHS!) but now it comes time for the permanent replacement :(
ForgeCorvus wrote:
Jay wrote:Does reading through the many posts on this site count as "Prepping"? It should do!
Of course it does, Prepping needs a lot of research (thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it)
Me too :mrgreen:
izzy_mack

Post by izzy_mack »

Have just returned from brother-in-laws, his central heating is bust and is cold! He still has electricity but no electric fire or alternative form of heating. We took him an electric blow heater and a mobile gas fire and pointed out that if the electric was off, we wouldn't have a spare gas fire as we'd be using it - what would he do then? Be interesting to see if he does anything about this - I somehow doubt it.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

izzy_mack wrote:Have just returned from brother-in-laws, his central heating is bust and is cold! He still has electricity but no electric fire or alternative form of heating. We took him an electric blow heater and a mobile gas fire and pointed out that if the electric was off, we wouldn't have a spare gas fire as we'd be using it - what would he do then? Be interesting to see if he does anything about this - I somehow doubt it.

Question is will it return with a empty or full gas bottle ? ;)
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
xplosiv1

Post by xplosiv1 »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:
izzy_mack wrote:Have just returned from brother-in-laws, his central heating is bust and is cold! He still has electricity but no electric fire or alternative form of heating. We took him an electric blow heater and a mobile gas fire and pointed out that if the electric was off, we wouldn't have a spare gas fire as we'd be using it - what would he do then? Be interesting to see if he does anything about this - I somehow doubt it.

Question is will it return with a empty or full gas bottle ? ;)
ha ha ha I think we all know the answer to that
Area 11

Endure the pain of discipline or Suffer the pain of regret.
Mortblanc

Post by Mortblanc »

Chances are that when the bottle runs out he will call and tell you to bring him another.

After all, you have taken the job of keeping him comfortable.