What Preps are you doing this week? Part 4

How are you preparing
Brambles

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 4

Post by Brambles »

My own favourite passive deterrent is Berberis thunbergii It's incredibly dense and easy to grow, looks good and you can train it. It is hell on wheels once you're in amongst it and I guarantee DNA evidence aplenty. :D
And, that snotty little kid nextdoor who jumps the fence for his ball Jansman would only do it once if he fell in that. Encourage a few Nettles to grow too and folk will think twice. I have no idea why people are so scared of nettles, but seems to be an excellent deterrent. The beauty of all of the natural stuff is you don't need signage.

Something I've investigated in the past is natural defences, including plants of the slightly more 'irritant' variety. :mrgreen:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Oh thats interesting! I googled :mrgreen: and that's the barberry :) tart, edible fruit. I have a strip of greenery at one side of my garden that's got very few useful plants in there, this would do nicely. I've also just discovered (on Monday) that part of the strip of land on the *other* side of my front garden also belongs to me - a previous occupant of my house put a fence up well inside the boundary, fence is now decaying horribly, I could very plausibly take it down, cut back the horrible leylandii even further, and do something with the bits of soil there - even if not barberry, *something*. Barberry, on t'other side, comes first though :)

And my brick shed renovation is nearly finished. The joy!
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

Have learned from experience that parasite zappers really do control natural human borne digestive system pathogens and have been using them and have had noticeable results. So this things may not "work" as in generate a 100% cure for anything (only saying that because there are so many things I don't know) but them in co-operation with anti parasite herbs really does kill off all manner of nasties.

Models I have been using:

Frequency generator with copper hand holds (higher amplitude then a standard hulda clark system)
Standard hulda clark zapper
bob beck blood purifier
bob beck magnetic pulser (by another company, up to 10 Hz frequency)
Don Croft wearable zapper (seems silly, but unless you take it seriously and use it as close to 24/7 as you can and clean the contacts 2 - 4 times a day with toothpaste and paper towels, you never know how good it really can be!)

The more I look into alternative health the more that I realise that its not "alternative" at all, its just health practices. Just like we used to have alternative energy, and its now called sustainable energy or just energy.

One session on the frequency generator lasting 4 hours (7 min on and 20 off cycled) plus anti parasite herbs killed off things that no human wants to think are in them. Big things. Visible things. More powerful then herbs alone.
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
jansman

Post by jansman »

Brambles wrote:My own favourite passive deterrent is Berberis thunbergii It's incredibly dense and easy to grow, looks good and you can train it. It is hell on wheels once you're in amongst it and I guarantee DNA evidence aplenty. :D
And, that snotty little kid nextdoor who jumps the fence for his ball Jansman would only do it once if he fell in that. Encourage a few Nettles to grow too and folk will think twice. I have no idea why people are so scared of nettles, but seems to be an excellent deterrent. The beauty of all of the natural stuff is you don't need signage.

Something I've investigated in the past is natural defences, including plants of the slightly more 'irritant' variety. :mrgreen:
We actually have the snotty little kid next door who is constantly kicking footballs over.After climbing over the fence at the top ( 3 ') and landing in one of the blackberry bushes he thinks twice.Bimbo mother came round shouting the odds,as apparently I should not have thorny plants near (my ) fence! When I pointed out that he was trespassing it did not cut much ice.When my fiery wife ( I've always been drawn to redheads! :lol: ) told her to "go away" ( that's the polite version!) Or she was "gonna get a slap - and keep your ####### kid out of our garden!" Bimbo got the message.

As for ' mantraps', well parts of the garden,to quote my wife,look like " a gypsy encampment ",timber,bricks and such.So nails in planks aren't out of place.Plus I don't give a sh#t! :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

jansman wrote:
Brambles wrote:My own favourite passive deterrent is Berberis thunbergii It's incredibly dense and easy to grow, looks good and you can train it. It is hell on wheels once you're in amongst it and I guarantee DNA evidence aplenty. :D

We actually have the snotty little kid next door who is constantly kicking footballs over.After climbing over the fence at the top ( 3 ') and landing in one of the blackberry bushes he thinks twice.Bimbo mother came round shouting the odds,as apparently I should not have thorny plants near (my ) fence! When I pointed out that he was trespassing it did not cut much ice.When my fiery wife ( I've always been drawn to redheads! :lol: ) told her to "go away" ( that's the polite version!) Or she was "gonna get a slap - and keep your ####### kid out of our garden!" Bimbo got the message.

As for ' mantraps', well parts of the garden,to quote my wife,look like " a gypsy encampment ",timber,bricks and such.So nails in planks aren't out of place.Plus I don't give a sh#t! :lol:
Sometimes you need to 'lower yourself' to others level to get your message across. While its a bit dickish, the threat of violence can work wonders as long as they think you're prepared to back it up. As a bloke its easier with another bloke of course so handy to have a 'bare knuckle boxing wife'. :lol:
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

I'll just add this link:
https://thecrimepreventionwebsite.com/g ... ub-fences/

With a shout out for extra edibles to Prunus Spinosa (Blackthorn/ Sloe), Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) and just about every Rosa ever grown.
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

jansman wrote:When my fiery wife ( I've always been drawn to redheads! :lol: ) told her to "go away" ( that's the polite version!) Or she was "gonna get a slap - and keep your ####### kid out of our garden!" Bimbo got the message.
Thats funny, I've got one of those too
parts of the garden,to quote my wife,look like " a gypsy encampment ",timber,bricks and such.
She says that too..... Are we married to the same woman? I'm sure I'd of noticed a butcher around the place :lol:
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

ForgeCorvus wrote:
jansman wrote:When my fiery wife ( I've always been drawn to redheads! :lol: ) told her to "go away" ( that's the polite version!) Or she was "gonna get a slap - and keep your ####### kid out of our garden!" Bimbo got the message.
Thats funny, I've got one of those too
parts of the garden,to quote my wife,look like " a gypsy encampment ",timber,bricks and such.
She says that too..... Are we married to the same woman? I'm sure I'd of noticed a butcher around the place :lol:
Funnily enough I've got an abrasive ginge too, she tends to save up her anger for me though and aye, I've had the accusations of the garden being a gypsy encampment. Ironically, some of the wood in the garden was 'rescued' from stuff that travellers had dumped, both cut lengths and firewood. I've 'rescued' loads of stuff, from pint glasses to bench vices. :D
jansman

Post by jansman »

An Irishman,in that gentle Irish way,once said to me," we are all married to the same woman boy,they just have different names." :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
xplosiv1

Post by xplosiv1 »

jansman wrote:An Irishman,in that gentle Irish way,once said to me," we are all married to the same woman boy,they just have different names." :lol:
well if he said "boy" he must be from Cork
Area 11

Endure the pain of discipline or Suffer the pain of regret.