What Preps are you doing this week? Part 4

How are you preparing
Yorkshire Andy

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 4

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Remember to rotate your rat poison as the swines get "immune" change vtye active ingredient type every so often
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
gadgetguy

Post by gadgetguy »

I got a 500kg delivery of grade A coal yesterday that will see me through the winter easily. Just need to get some more logs in as well.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:Remember to rotate your rat poison as the swines get "immune" change vtye active ingredient type every so often
Is that for real, Andy?

**colour me concerned**
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Yes I believe they do develop immunity Arzosah - then it just makes them grow BIGGER :shock: :twisted:
I've been hammering in the tins & packets from Sainsbugs online; half dozen boxes of candles; dozen bottles of water - and got my 3 coal bunkers all full, plus 2x 47kg cylinders of Propane for the cooker. All set for winter :mrgreen:
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Unless your using Bromadiolone. You need to rotate it (no known imunity to type b poison containing Bromadiolone

jansman

Post by jansman »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:Unless your using Bromadiolone. You need to rotate it (no known imunity to type b poison containing Bromadiolone
Its what I am using now around the yard.Show birds and fowls draw rats in like flies to...sorry,bees to honey! :lol: I also keep trap tunnels down year round.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Thanks for the info on rat poison - I just *hate* having rats above my head, living in the attic :( though at least I know they're not in the house.

I was able to leave the existing stock of bicarb untouched - had a couple of kilos of dishwasher salt, but I use tabs that have it built in, so to speak, so I'm using that up, as I'm sure it has fewer alternate uses than bicarb does :mrgreen: The sink that previously drained **very badly** now drains beautifully.
Chemistry

Post by Chemistry »

Well, I have been away for a couple of weeks.

My mum passed away the other week at home without any reason (aged 60). My sister and I are now pretty much alone to deal with everything.

Even with prepping I never expected this and it hit hard. Staying strong as my mum would have wanted!
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Chemistry wrote:Well, I have been away for a couple of weeks.

My mum passed away the other week at home without any reason (aged 60). My sister and I are now pretty much alone to deal with everything.

Even with prepping I never expected this and it hit hard. Staying strong as my mum would have wanted!

Sorry to hear that Chemistry :-(

Condolences from me and all the team here

Some links in here if they are any help

https://www.cruse.org.uk/links

Hope you get everything sorted (if that's the right way to say it ) as smoothly as possible

ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Chemistry: My thoughts are with you.
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar