What Preps are you doing this week? Part 4

How are you preparing
ChefSimon

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 4

Post by ChefSimon »

Hello everyone,

Been a few weeks. I've been on a nice walk about in France whilst my wife tried to kill the credit card shopping with my parents.

Weather was amazing, almost a little too hot! I walked from Carcassonne to Nimes camping each night and generally having a ball with my survival kit/BOB. Met the wife and family a couple of times to visit places and generally top up on supplies (easier to let them know what I needed and have them bring it to me than go buying it) Took me a week to walk it, I could have done it a bit faster but I didn't go the direct route and the weather slowed me down. (I'm used to walking in the UK where it's cooler and wetter haha)

Then the second week we went over the border to Spain and done the proper holiday thing... (still getting over the hangover)

Now to spend a few hours catching up on all the posts on here.
Prior Planning & Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance.

No plan survives first contact.

Bug in before bugging out. Meet the problem on your terms!
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

ChefSimon wrote:Hello everyone,

Been a few weeks. I've been on a nice walk about in France whilst my wife tried to kill the credit card shopping with my parents.

Weather was amazing, almost a little too hot! I walked from Carcassonne to Nimes camping each night and generally having a ball with my survival kit/BOB. Met the wife and family a couple of times to visit places and generally top up on supplies (easier to let them know what I needed and have them bring it to me than go buying it) Took me a week to walk it, I could have done it a bit faster but I didn't go the direct route and the weather slowed me down. (I'm used to walking in the UK where it's cooler and wetter haha)

Then the second week we went over the border to Spain and done the proper holiday thing... (still getting over the hangover)

Now to spend a few hours catching up on all the posts on here.
That sounds ace, the most I manage is over nighters which isn't the same.
PreppingPingu

Post by PreppingPingu »

I am recovery from an op atm so I have time to sit as I aint allowed/can't lift or move anything heavy so its the perfect time to research and write lists. So my prepping consists of planning next growing season ( this year has been written off due my daughter's op earlier and now my one - there's always next season as I say each year down the allotment!) I also have been checking up on things to prep for winter - ie boiler service, and sitting on my backside has given me time to sort out switching suppliers for gas and leccie. So I've been prepping for the winter by deciding what needs to be done, saving money by sorting out finances, and planning next year. At least I can do stuff from an administrative stand point. In a few weeks I can action the more physical things. Sometimes its actually good to sit down with pen and paper - makes you feel organised!
"Today is the tomorrow that you worrried about yesterday" - unknown
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Red Dwarf
(Area 3)
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

I'm currently putting together a more beefed up FAK for Her Maj's car, if I'm in it for any more than a trip to the supermarket then I'll have a bag with one in it but she's been a bit reticent although quite knowledgeable on the medical side. I'm not talking about anything serious, all basic stuff with a field dressing as the 'heaviest' thing in it.The plan is to sneak it in at some point and then claim its been there 'for ages', its a ploy that she's deployed against me for years when it comes to new cloths/shoes so she has it coming. :lol:
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Trying out new heart medication in the field (supervised), fingers crossed this lot works.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
jansman

Post by jansman »

pseudonym wrote:Trying out new heart medication in the field (supervised), fingers crossed this lot works.
Stay well.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

jansman wrote:
pseudonym wrote:Trying out new heart medication in the field (supervised), fingers crossed this lot works.
Stay well.
Ditto.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

Got myself a USB rechargeable hand warmer for the winter and to help with my stiff kneck

Getting physio for the "sloppy shoulders" condition I have been diagnosed with so it wont be a problem moving forward.

Have learned by experience that there is something in "zapping" and have got an affordable frequency generator, one hulda clark zapper, both the bob beck magnetic pulser (good for muscle stiffness another things) and the blood purifier. Also a don croft basic zapper.

Will soon be exploring rife/crane frequencies for health and healing.
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
ChefSimon

Post by ChefSimon »

It's nearly 24 hours later... Hope it worked! ;)

On a serious note, hope you've taken to the new meds ok.
Prior Planning & Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance.

No plan survives first contact.

Bug in before bugging out. Meet the problem on your terms!
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Brambles wrote:
jansman wrote:
Stay well.
Ditto.

From me too.

I renewed my garden equipment: I bought a lopper, and a new hand fork - carbon steel with a hardwood handle. Expected to pay £27, but thanks to some fancy shenanigans I managed to pay £17.

I'm also in the middle of upgrading my phone - my old one is dying, I can do a few wheezes like surveys to finance the new contract, I have a whacking great £60 Amazon voucher turning up so that I'll be able to buy some additional preps like rat poison (3 invasions in the loft in 3 years will do that to you), rock salt, kilos of bicarb for the drains, diatomaceous earth for the plants, stuff like that.