What Preps are you doing this week? Part 4

How are you preparing
pseudonym

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 4

Post by pseudonym »

Coyote Ruff arrived after being adapted:

As stated above, now interchangeable:

Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

US Army Gen 3 Extreme Cold Weather Level 7 Primaloft Trousers:

Italian Dogs Bag:

Raindogs to complete my layering system:

ChefSimon

Post by ChefSimon »

Pseudonym, Love the layering info. Thanks for sharing. They do look very comfortable to wear.

So this week following on from the Manchester attack, several fatal shootings and stabbing in Liverpool and of course let's not forget the attack in London last night I've re-thought my EDC bag contents. Gone for more safety and survival. I've written a post about it in the EDC/BOB Section of Equipment.

Yes, it's me so it's a little long and has plenty of pictures... But hey, would you expect anything else from me! :D

Other than that, this coming week I've a fire fighting course to attend for work which I'm not going to lie I'm excited about as we actually get to do real fire fighting stuff.

I'm finally catching up on all the posts on here as well. Some great stuff being posted at the moment.

Stay safe.
Prior Planning & Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance.

No plan survives first contact.

Bug in before bugging out. Meet the problem on your terms!
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Thanks, too warm at the moment. :mrgreen:

My first foray into Charging Devices:

Powerbank and a Solar Charger from Lidl.

Will see how they get on.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Well had a bit of a splurge

Picked up a light weight sleeping bag from lidl and a pop up festival type tent which will fit under the carpet in that car boot.

Only battle is getting it back in the bag ;)

And a Facebook selling site came across a £50-£60 camping lantern for £20 and true to their word was as good as new just needing 2 new mantles and a gas cartridge

IMG_20170609_202240843.jpg

Now I know the cv470 ones are not cheap but

I have 2 piercing type lanterns and a screw on type already

So another cartridge type to the collection isnt a bad thing in terms of what ever I can get hold of should shtf

Been 2 mantle it belts the light and heat out

Also dropped £8 on another Philips light set
14970441685371414038831.jpg
. From home bargains
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

I've made a start on getting my garage sorted, long overdue. The garage is where I keep the bulk of my food, camping gear and a fair amount of my tools. Had to put it on hold but now that I've started it will need to be sorted over the next couple of days as its chaos in there. It might not sound very 'rock n roll' but it will hopefully make a huge difference to my stores and for me a big monkey off my back and I've found a few things that I knew were in there but couldn't put a hand on.

I've also had a bit of a break through with Her Maj's mate, she now has a couple of weeks worth of food in her house that she's never had, she's also been dabbling with growing but she's not great on that front from previous experience, we'll see though.

Dehydrating goes on and I'm building up my dehydrated Quorn meals to take away up the hills etc too.

There's also been the odd Amazon purchase but that's to be expected. :oops:
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Apart from keeping up with the allotment, I've not done much. I started a permanent part time job a few weeks ago, so I'm getting myself into a routine and it's taking a bit of time! :o
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Brambles wrote:Apart from keeping up with the allotment, I've not done much. I started a permanent part time job a few weeks ago, so I'm getting myself into a routine and it's taking a bit of time! :o
Congratulations! Something new and big, it always takes time to readjust the routine ... when I went catsitting for family, I used it to see if I could start it up as a part time business, and do lots of writing wherever I was. Turns out I couldn't! Establishing a routine, especially when you're temporarily setting up in someone else's house, is almost impossible, in the middle of actually, y'know, catsitting :mrgreen:

I've been continuing with deep cleaning the kitchen - which means I've found loads of kitchen gear I forgot I had :oops:

Dehydrated more lemon balm - its rosemary and lady's mantle today.

Gradually picking and freezing cherries - there are 3 trees close by my house, all 20 yards or more from a tiny cul de sac that gets residents only traffic, so nice and clean there.

Eating my raspberries as I pick them :mrgreen:
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

Now that I'm mostly mobile again after dislocating my kneecap 9 weeks ago today, I'm having a go at restarting my stores tidy up. I booked today and tomorrow off as leave to try and get a good start on my dissertation, but procrastination has meant that I've just cleared out 2 of my food store cupboards instead :lol: I've filled a heavy duty bin bag with very expired stuff which shows how long it was since I last checked the cupboards :oops: I'm keeping some sealed packets that are past date because i'm assuming they'll be OK. It looks like I don't really need to go shopping for staples for quite a long while, but I really need to keep an eye on what I've got.

On the health side, it turns out I have hypermobile knee ligaments so I could become a habitual kneecap dislocator. I have decided that this will *not* be the case. So I'm still trying to get my physio exercises done everyday, plus I got put in for NHS gym physio. Luckily it's at the gym that I'm a member of so I can keep using the same equipment that I'm becoming used to. I am creating a fitness and strength plan and hope if I stick to it, that it will keep me from ending up a wonky donkey again. Hopefully it will also help me 'future-proof' my body a bit against the hereditary stuff in my family - high blood pressure and arthritis. I was trying to do this before knackering my knee (hence the gym membership) but I was being a bit sporadic. Now I have a focussed reason to get the heck fit!
jansman

Post by jansman »

Le Mouse wrote:Now that I'm mostly mobile again after dislocating my kneecap 9 weeks ago today, I'm having a go at restarting my stores tidy up. I booked today and tomorrow off as leave to try and get a good start on my dissertation, but procrastination has meant that I've just cleared out 2 of my food store cupboards instead :lol: I've filled a heavy duty bin bag with very expired stuff which shows how long it was since I last checked the cupboards :oops: I'm keeping some sealed packets that are past date because i'm assuming they'll be OK. It looks like I don't really need to go shopping for staples for quite a long while, but I really need to keep an eye on what I've got.

On the health side, it turns out I have hypermobile knee ligaments so I could become a habitual kneecap dislocator. I have decided that this will *not* be the case. So I'm still trying to get my physio exercises done everyday, plus I got put in for NHS gym physio. Luckily it's at the gym that I'm a member of so I can keep using the same equipment that I'm becoming used to. I am creating a fitness and strength plan and hope if I stick to it, that it will keep me from ending up a wonky donkey again. Hopefully it will also help me 'future-proof' my body a bit against the hereditary stuff in my family - high blood pressure and arthritis. I was trying to do this before knackering my knee (hence the gym membership) but I was being a bit sporadic. Now I have a focussed reason to get the heck fit!
Take care with the hypermobility.My wife suffers with it.She has had both ankles operated on,and her hands may be next.She has( as the surgeon said) the full house.Ankles,knees,elbows,hands...its a crap condition.I understand totally your situation.

Regarding having a clear out,we have done the same.We are fortunate to have a proper walk-in pantry complete with stone thrall.Anyhow,we emptied it,slung a load of out of date gear and rearranged it.Much better.

We have got rid of a load of equipment too.Rather liberating.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.