What Preps are you doing this week? Part 4

How are you preparing
Yorkshire Andy

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 4

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

shocker wrote:Andy, 3 metre streristrips ? Thats rather a large wound mate...is your local A&E that busy?

:shock: :lol:
https://m.firstaid4less.co.uk/#!/First- ... n-Closures
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
shocker

Post by shocker »

Soory mate, didnt click :oops:

I just had this mental image of a 3 metre long steristrip...in use 8-)
*** NOW 30% LESS SHOCKING!!!***
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

haven't done much for a long time. health and fitness wise have been able to increase my cycle rides up to 21 miles. Thats good, and the legs feel like they are growing just a little. had a knee injury recently but the doctor said that it wasn't too bad and will just heal naturally.
Not to self: never lock out your joints when exercising!!!
Thats basically been my whole thing. ry and get the body fitter and healthier bit by bit. Cycling is just brilliant as at least I am getting fit to do something useful (get from A to B)
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
Wales1

Post by Wales1 »

Project Greenhouse is coming along nicely, Tomatoes, Green beans & Runner Beans all repotted into the big pots.
On a personal level, rejoined the gym, working on my cardio.
Sonicuk

Post by Sonicuk »

For me it's getting my 3 part water plan in a better place.

I've recently bought a Sawyer PointOne 181 kit (the one with the tap and bucket extras), along with some food grade tubing and connectors to wangle up a gravity system if needed.

Also have a stock of Oasis tablets (mix of 1 ltr and 5 ltr tablets) winging their way to me thanks to a good deal on Amazon. Coupled this with 4 x 5 ltr portable carriers - probably need a few larger ones too.

Finally, I stocked up on 12 x 2 ltr bottles of water from Lidl - no where near enough for the 4 of us, but a start. The real problem I have is storing it in a place that the rest of the family don't stumble across it and start asking questions. We don't have a garage or loads of cupboard space.

A part of town near us lost its water for a day or two recently, so worst case I'll say I'm just putting some bottles away in case it happens in our neck of the woods.

Ideally, I'd like to get to 3 days of water, but it's a lot of bottles to hide! Also considering a slimline water butt, but I don't have a downpipe nearby, so I'm researching other collection methods .....

Suggestions welcomed!
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Sonicuk wrote:For me it's getting my 3 part water plan in a better place.

I've recently bought a Sawyer PointOne 181 kit (the one with the tap and bucket extras), along with some food grade tubing and connectors to wangle up a gravity system if needed.

Also have a stock of Oasis tablets (mix of 1 ltr and 5 ltr tablets) winging their way to me thanks to a good deal on Amazon. Coupled this with 4 x 5 ltr portable carriers - probably need a few larger ones too.

Finally, I stocked up on 12 x 2 ltr bottles of water from Lidl - no where near enough for the 4 of us, but a start. The real problem I have is storing it in a place that the rest of the family don't stumble across it and start asking questions. We don't have a garage or loads of cupboard space.

A part of town near us lost its water for a day or two recently, so worst case I'll say I'm just putting some bottles away in case it happens in our neck of the woods.

Ideally, I'd like to get to 3 days of water, but it's a lot of bottles to hide! Also considering a slimline water butt, but I don't have a downpipe nearby, so I'm researching other collection methods .....

Suggestions welcomed!
Do the kitchen kick boards pull off? ;)
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Sonicuk wrote:For me it's getting my 3 part water plan in a better place.

Suggestions welcomed!
Its a bit of a left field suggestion but now you've got the Sawyer what about building a nice big pond in the garden, you know, for decoration. ;)
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

And some ducks for decoration, and some oranges for sauce... errrr vitimin C I mean.... :lol:
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

sniper 55 wrote:And some ducks for decoration, and some oranges for sauce... errrr vitimin C I mean.... :lol:
The sharks will eat the ducks. ;)
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

And duckweed in the pond! I found an amazing blog by a research scientist about duckweed: https://duckweedgardening.com/

Seriously, the nutritional qualities sound great. As long as the pond is child safe, its a really good use of space, potentially :)

Am currently using my go-bag as I'm away, but its not the usual contents - I keep my laptop in it :mrgreen: in with the other gubbins.