What Preps are you doing this week? Part 4

How are you preparing
ForgeCorvus

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 4

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Bad Deeps!!

Different 'Speciality Website' for that kind of thing :lol:
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

ForgeCorvus wrote:Bad Deeps!!

Different 'Speciality Website' for that kind of thing :lol:
That's what Miss Whiplash says too.

Don't judge me. :oops:

:lol:
ukpreppergrrl

Post by ukpreppergrrl »

Having been playing...um...doing important research with my Christmas present dehydrator for the last couple of months, I've just bought two spanking new stainless steel thermos food flasks of different sizes to experiment with thermal cooking as I figure the two things go together well: particularly when you add to the mix my other Christmas present, a Gillie Kettle (which has been played with a lot this year!). Porridge this morning was good, but barely luke warm - in fairness the flask does only say it keeps things hot for 9 hours and I left it about 12 hours though I did wrap it in a towel as well. Going for the holy grail this evening...brown basmati rice! :D
Blog: http://ukpreppergrrl.wordpress.com
التَكْرَارُ يُعَلِّمُ الحِمارَ "Repetition teaches the donkey" Arabic proverb
"A year from now you may wish you had started today" Karen Lamb
Lea_123

Post by Lea_123 »

Hello

Has anyone ever bought the army 24hour packs ? I got x2 to leave in the boot of my car :

https://www.goarmy.co.uk/british-army-r ... -8502-prod

I got x2 for £19.98 + £6.99 postage (£1 off with code HSPT5OFF) which didn't seem bad when you consider the price of individual camping meals ! You get lots of extra bits too

I have attached the full list of what came in each pack ! Is this a good buy?
Lea_123

Post by Lea_123 »

On a second note just had a text from Yorkshire water to say we May have no or low water pressure due to a burst And the water may be cloudy or discoloured! My water stash solved the cup of tea problem but what can I do for back up shower / bath ideas - for future reference? Any ideas? Thanks
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Lea_123 wrote:On a second note just had a text from Yorkshire water to say we May have no or low water pressure due to a burst And the water may be cloudy or discoloured! My water stash solved the cup of tea problem but what can I do for back up shower / bath ideas - for future reference? Any ideas? Thanks

I've got one of these for the dogs but it has potential for an emergency shower.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

Edit cos for some reason the link didn't show. :oops:
jansman

Post by jansman »

Lea_123 wrote:On a second note just had a text from Yorkshire water to say we May have no or low water pressure due to a burst And the water may be cloudy or discoloured! My water stash solved the cup of tea problem but what can I do for back up shower / bath ideas - for future reference? Any ideas? Thanks
My back up bath solution is a bar of soap a sponge and a bucket of warm water.I washed like that in the yard when we had the bathroom ripped out for a new one.The ladies went to grandma's! SHTF you can use the bucket standing in the bath.No need to over think it. :D
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

I've had a wash and washed my hair in the greenhouse before now. :oops: I always keep a couple of 20L water containers in there as heat sinks and the water is always lovely and warm. If you have a greenhouse, polytunnel or conservatory, you will have warm water. :D
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Brambles wrote:I've had a wash and washed my hair in the greenhouse before now. :oops: I always keep a couple of 20L water containers in there as heat sinks and the water is always lovely and warm. If you have a greenhouse, polytunnel or conservatory, you will have warm water. :D
There's also these kind of things, prices vary and this is a gucci one going by the price. Never tried them myself but it will probably depend on how much sun you get, hanging it in the greenhouse will help.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/RISEPRO-Temper ... lar+shower
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Well with the nights drawing in I've been round and replaced the batteries in all the outdoor battery "security' lights do it every year about now so I know they are going to keep working through winter

Graphite oil in all door locks and padlocks

Fleatard ( cat) now has her own BOL under the shed (all insulated and warm ) just training her to use the cat flap...

Oh and I'm visiting my favourite army surplus store tomorrow (got paid today ) :o
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine