What Preps are you doing this week? Part 4

How are you preparing
shocker

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 4

Post by shocker »

Plymtom wrote:I had a workmate who lived in a tower block about ten floors up, he used to let the double glazing people go through the motions for ages before he told them where he lived, I'm not very nice to nuisance callers phone or door I'm afraid, and junk mail... we don't seem to be getting as much of that these days, anyone else noticed that, we used to get so much it was worth the trouble of sending back the pre paid envelopes with our names removed of course plus as much of an old argos book as one could fit in the envelope.
:D :P :shock:

Words out of my mouth mate- years ago back in Coventry my mrs actually booked a visit from a double glazing co to come out and quote her ...

...for a conservatory. On the third floor of a tower block. And the bloke actually came to the appointment ! Classic. My girl also used to send big packages of junk mail in the return envelopes. Partly to get them for excess postage and partly as her brother was a posty and she wanted to keep him busy :D
*** NOW 30% LESS SHOCKING!!!***
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

FB_IMG_1486898817963.jpg
I've been swatting up
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

shocker wrote:
Plymtom wrote:I had a workmate who lived in a tower block about ten floors up, he used to let the double glazing people go through the motions for ages before he told them where he lived, I'm not very nice to nuisance callers phone or door I'm afraid, and junk mail... we don't seem to be getting as much of that these days, anyone else noticed that, we used to get so much it was worth the trouble of sending back the pre paid envelopes with our names removed of course plus as much of an old argos book as one could fit in the envelope.
:D :P :shock:

Words out of my mouth mate- years ago back in Coventry my mrs actually booked a visit from a double glazing co to come out and quote her ...

...for a conservatory. On the third floor of a tower block. And the bloke actually came to the appointment ! Classic. My girl also used to send big packages of junk mail in the return envelopes. Partly to get them for excess postage and partly as her brother was a posty and she wanted to keep him busy :D
LOL you're wicked, I like it.
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:
FB_IMG_1486898817963.jpg
I've been swatting up
I'll offer a tip, when Nappy changing stand beside the child and most definitely leave the belly raspberries till the replacement is on ;)
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
Stasher

Post by Stasher »

We have now culled out all our unwanted, surplus male fowl. (Nice and tasty! :D )

We've brought the incubators out of hibernation and given them a thorough delousing. Our geese have kicked into production mode and in a couple of days I'll have enough eggs to fill the incubator. Greenhouse and polytunnel are at near readiness, so here at Stashings we are poised for a few days of manic activity followed by a bumper spring and with luck an even bigger summer

I do love this time of year
Knowledge is power
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Stasher wrote:We have now culled out all our unwanted, surplus male fowl. (Nice and tasty! :D )

We've brought the incubators out of hibernation and given them a thorough delousing. Our geese have kicked into production mode and in a couple of days I'll have enough eggs to fill the incubator. Greenhouse and polytunnel are at near readiness, so here at Stashings we are poised for a few days of manic activity followed by a bumper spring and with luck an even bigger summer

I do love this time of year
Awwww.... pass the chips and crusty bread.... ;)
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

After a large gambling win (150 quid) (and the missus doing the same) we agreed to go out for a meal at the weekend, this left me with roughly a ton to blow on prep stuff. I got a gun locker for my air rifle, an upgrade as we've gone a bit peculiar in Scotland on that front, another compass (decent silva job) and a 'metal stick' for lifting the lid on a dutch oven. I got a few usb powered light sticks too, bought one before but I think I lost it so the more the merrier. All in all, cheers Mr bookie :D

I should add, I bet like a small child, this was just a gift from the bookie Gods. :D
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

Deeps wrote:After a large gambling win (150 quid) (and the missus doing the same) we agreed to go out for a meal at the weekend, this left me with roughly a ton to blow on prep stuff. I got a gun locker for my air rifle, an upgrade as we've gone a bit peculiar in Scotland on that front, another compass (decent silva job) and a 'metal stick' for lifting the lid on a dutch oven. I got a few usb powered light sticks too, bought one before but I think I lost it so the more the merrier. All in all, cheers Mr bookie :D

I should add, I bet like a small child, this was just a gift from the bookie Gods. :D
Nice :) I still haven't set foot in a bookies at 56 I do the lottery though. On gun lockers to late for Mr Deeps but my advice is always get one at least double the size of what you think you are going to have when you first get into it, even if you don't use it for guns you can fit other stuff in there, and the lid lifter yeah I got one of those in fact I got a little collection of cast iron cookware as a part of a small inheritance I got a huge dutch oven, large and medium skillets, a cast iron toasted sarnie thing, a lid lifter and a folding trivet/lid stand for somewhere to put the lid down on when you take it off, all from Ronnie Sunshine's.. The delivery driver wasn't too impressed.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Plymtom wrote:
Deeps wrote:After a large gambling win (150 quid) (and the missus doing the same) we agreed to go out for a meal at the weekend, this left me with roughly a ton to blow on prep stuff. I got a gun locker for my air rifle, an upgrade as we've gone a bit peculiar in Scotland on that front, another compass (decent silva job) and a 'metal stick' for lifting the lid on a dutch oven. I got a few usb powered light sticks too, bought one before but I think I lost it so the more the merrier. All in all, cheers Mr bookie :D

Nice :) I still haven't set foot in a bookies at 56 I do the lottery though. On gun lockers to late for Mr Deeps but my advice is always get one at least double the size of what you think you are going to have when you first get into it, even if you don't use it for guns you can fit other stuff in there, and the lid lifter yeah I got one of those in fact I got a little collection of cast iron cookware as a part of a small inheritance I got a huge dutch oven, large and medium skillets, a cast iron toasted sarnie thing, a lid lifter and a folding trivet/lid stand for somewhere to put the lid down on when you take it off, all from Ronnie Sunshine's.. The delivery driver wasn't too impressed.
Wow, an impressive haul. The bet was an online thing, it was a genuine win/win but I was more likely to win a tenner than the 150. If you're interested I'll PM you the details. The gun locker holds 3 and is overkill, all I need is for it to be locked away.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

Deeps wrote:Wow, an impressive haul. The bet was an online thing, it was a genuine win/win but I was more likely to win a tenner than the 150. If you're interested I'll PM you the details. The gun locker holds 3 and is overkill, all I need is for it to be locked away.
I grew up in a social club and saw the grip the betting shop had on some folk (same goes for fruit machines) avoiding them is deliberate, same goes for scratch cards cheers anyway though. mine says it's for 8.. but I'm good at tetris :lol: