Preps for Christmas

How are you preparing
jansman

Re: Preps for Christmas

Post by jansman »

For me it was the visual socks and aftershave. Always welcome though.Also got a new Bosch compact cordless drill.Rather a good bit of kit and it means I can sling out all the knackered ones.

Best present has to be the offer of two jobs this week.I have been working ( hard) for a Butcher who has a skill shortage.I had to fetch some emergency turkeys from another one in the early hours of Thursday and he wants me to have a chat in the New Year because he has a lack of skilled guys too.

Anyway, I made enough cash this week to see me through the next 6 weeks, so its happy days.

Merry Christmas folks.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Brilliant Jansman :mrgreen: I'm stuck in the homestead here with the Grinch himself who doesnt see the point of us buying each other xmas pressies. Due to me being knackered/the weather we haven't moved in days, and cabin fever is fast approaching... :twisted: The kids will hve piles of nice things for me but I can't get to them without Grinchy driving..
jansman

Post by jansman »

diamond lil wrote:Brilliant Jansman :mrgreen: I'm stuck in the homestead here with the Grinch himself who doesnt see the point of us buying each other xmas pressies. Due to me being knackered/the weather we haven't moved in days, and cabin fever is fast approaching... :twisted: The kids will hve piles of nice things for me but I can't get to them without Grinchy driving..
To be honest, I ain't the most Christmas friendly bloke.My trade doesn't help.However,the kids have gone and the missis has flu like symptoms and gone to bed.Now I can read my book in peace,so I am happy :lol:

Hope you can get some fresh air soon.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I will def feel better soon. I'm settling now with my knitting and good book meself, trying to blank out his Coronation St.
Humbug :twisted:
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

I gave SWMBO the Ladybird Book of the Zombie Apocalypse, basically because we are in it.

One of the pages has Dad, Leo and Katie - me and my kids' names. Mum didn't feature, she was a bit annoyed.

Otherwise - some cycling stuff, a great tin for office preps, usual socks and pyjamas, ate a nice duck, didn't snap at each other, pals coming around tomorrow- all good.

Hope everyone has had a lovely day.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Oh featherstick I quite wish I'd had a nice duck too now...
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

First low carb Xmas for me and my old man.

Steak, pulled pork, broccoli, sprouts and cauliflower mash.

Nice coffee with double cream and a couple of squares of 85% Chocolate.

Nom nom nom :mrgreen:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

diamond lil wrote:I will def feel better soon. I'm settling now with my knitting and good book meself, trying to blank out his Coronation St.
Humbug :twisted:
Plug yersen into the music device or phone of your choice and Coronation Street will be no more! :lol: :lol:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
piglet

Post by piglet »

The tribe always try to get me things they know that l will use, or will spark my interest.

I am always mislaying keys.
This year they gave me lock picks.
ain't settlin'
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Well after the realisation Mrs Andy's car had a bulb out on Christmas eve... No other dramas bar standing on a my little pony :o

Goose was cooked on our wood fired outdoor oven and fell off the carcass without the need to carve
IMG_20161225_105251220.jpg

My little pony palace is still standing thanks to the glue gun

Kitchen oven is in bits whilst the oven magic fell soaks off the burnt on food and the cat is gorging himself on left over pigs in blankets the little shit! They were my breakfast :(
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine