Heatwave. Did anyone prep?

How are you preparing
Squirrelcatcher

Heatwave. Did anyone prep?

Post by Squirrelcatcher »

One of the many forms of unusual weather was today's rather high temperatures (culminating in the flash flooding for many across the Midlands).
Did anyone do any specific prepping for the weather, or was it limited to putting on shorts and making sure of enough change for the ice-cream man?
Then, for some, enquiring as to the availability of a boat.
Yorkshire Andy

Re: Heatwave. Did anyone prep?

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

hydration drinks mix at work...

Radio said risk of storms at 6am weather this morning..

been watching the storm tracker app since about lunch time having got the weather warning about 11am this morning

storms never reached us although we got a cracking lightning show on the horrizon about 8 pm tonight
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
gadgetguy

Post by gadgetguy »

Squirrelcatcher wrote:One of the many forms of unusual weather was today's rather high temperatures (culminating in the flash flooding for many across the Midlands).
Did anyone do any specific prepping for the weather, or was it limited to putting on shorts and making sure of enough change for the ice-cream man?
Yip wine and beer in fridge this morning then lit the wood burner at 7.30 pm as there was a chill in the air ;)
preparedsurrey

Post by preparedsurrey »

Took cool box to work (as normal) packed with extra cold drinks, remembered to use the sunblock at about 2pm.
If guns are outlawed then only the outlaws will have guns....
ukpreppergrrl

Post by ukpreppergrrl »

Closed all the curtains on the south and west sides of the house (west because the afternoon/evening sun burns in through the west-facing landing window which heats the upstairs and makes it very hot when you go to bed!). Watered all the plants in pots. Packed an extra bottle of water from the stocks. Done the same today, and from the forecast will do the same tomorrow! Big 'ol Indian Summer here in the South East!
Blog: http://ukpreppergrrl.wordpress.com
التَكْرَارُ يُعَلِّمُ الحِمارَ "Repetition teaches the donkey" Arabic proverb
"A year from now you may wish you had started today" Karen Lamb
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

No special preps required as far as I'm concerned. It's just been a couple of hot days but nothing out of the ordinary.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

gadgetguy wrote:
Squirrelcatcher wrote:One of the many forms of unusual weather was today's rather high temperatures (culminating in the flash flooding for many across the Midlands).
Yip wine and beer in fridge this morning then lit the wood burner at 7.30 pm as there was a chill in the air ;)
What he said! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

I just carry extra water and make sure I have sunscreen.
I always have a high uv resistant buff on me, they're in all my bags and most of my jackets all year round, if it's sunny they get used as a bandana to keep the sun off my head, makes me feel a little cooler (although probably not look cooler!) and stops the bits that are lacking in hair coverage from burning, and they can be used in various ways if it's cold, and if they're always there you don't notice you have it until you need it.

Got fresh water in the swamp cooler for the bedroom, I find it hard to sleep if it's too hot, but I can't imagine it's going to work that well this evening, they don't work great if it's humid, but I'll chuck a load of ice in it which helps.

Storms forecast in the next couple of days here which will hopefully clear the air a bit.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
gamekeeper752

Post by gamekeeper752 »

just made sure i had plenty of ice cold cider in the fridge and watered the garden and chickens earlier in the morning half five instead of 7am
Train hard,Fight easy, put the kettle on and make tea
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Heatwave? Where? I live in Wales... we dont tan we rust...