Winter prep..

How are you preparing
ParamedicPrepper

Winter prep..

Post by ParamedicPrepper »

What are you prepping for winter? Anything new or different or are you winter prepped already?
Deeps

Re: Winter prep..

Post by Deeps »

ParamedicPrepper wrote:What are you prepping for winter? Anything new or different or are you winter prepped already?
For myself, I'll probably stock up on some more gas canisters for the briefcase stoves, I could probably do with another small solar panel or two, the weather where I am ain't always the best in winter so I'm not likely to make much for recharging of batteries/devices. I'm unlikely to get the extra panels as I'm saving for a non prepping treat (a football trip) so its a juggling act. The cheap canisters at B&M that someone flagged up will be a definite purchase though. If I can swing it, I'll get at least one of the heaters that those canisters fit too, not so much for myself but Her Maj feels the cold.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Rotating wood pile, Chimney swept, ordering another cord.

Booked car in for annual winter check.

Replace smoke alarm batteries.

Empty water butts, clean and refill.

Air winter quilts for bed.

Snow shoes/shovel into boot of car, summer GHB out, winter one in.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Need to sort snow chains for my new car (got in april) waiting on lidl or aldi getting them in
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
bobble

Post by bobble »

Been collecting kindling and putting it in store and started to raid skips for spare wood. Although we've got some logs from last winter still to chop up. Made up a timber frame to do another raised bed for next years planting. Made some blackberry jams and cordials and put in pantry Yum!
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

Haylage in for the winter 50 odd bales
The barley hasnt been cut yet so top of shed still empty but hoping to get 40 straw in for winter
Topped up antifreeze on tractor . Sharpened chainsaw chains .
Need to get some 2 stroke oil and rotate the petrol .
J
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
hobo

Post by hobo »

All in order here for winter except for the wood store needs a tidy. Might actually put that to bed for this winter as I've hardly touched it the last 3 as they've been so mild........
PreparedKent

Post by PreparedKent »

Can't buy any more preps as the baby will be here soon and my misses has taken control of my finances :(

All I'll be doing is moving the CS special forces shovel into the boot incase of heavy snow,putting a couple of extra Kendall mint cake bars in the glove box and digging out winter clothes. That's about it
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

PreparedKent wrote:Can't buy any more preps as the baby will be here soon and my misses has taken control of my finances :(

All I'll be doing is moving the CS special forces shovel into the boot incase of heavy snow,putting a couple of extra Kendall mint cake bars in the glove box and digging out winter clothes. That's about it

Ohh a opportunity...... Snow chains to ensure safe drive to hospital if it snows...

24 he ration pack for the labour ward to keep you fed ;)

Shoe chains to help prevent her falling if it snows

Extra blankets to keep her / baby warm if there's a power cut...

Jet boil stove to boil baby's bottles / water in case of power cut ;)
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
PreparedKent

Post by PreparedKent »

All good suggestions, I am fortunately quite well stocked already. I thought ahead and went on a spending spree before she could get her hands on my cards :)

I've been toying with the idea of winter tyres but I think in the south east snow chains are uncalled for... The coldest its been down here recently is minus 11 with wind chill.

My preps have changed from guns, knives and tinned food to nappies, etc just lately haha