Following the Swiss Emergency Plan.

How are you preparing
Brambles

Following the Swiss Emergency Plan.

Post by Brambles »

As I have zero food preps left since the move, and not much more spare cash, I have decided to start with a stash box.

This was posted here some time ago and I thought as a basic plan, it made a lot of sense.
http://fmso.leavenworth.army.mil/OEWatc ... pe_01.html

I have an 80L Plastic box so from this week, I will start to fill following this list. I can't say I will stick to it rigidly, but it's a good place to start until normal service resumes next growing season.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
sethorly

Re: Following the Swiss Emergency Plan.

Post by sethorly »

Brambles wrote:
This was posted here some time ago and I thought as a basic plan, it made a lot of sense.
http://fmso.leavenworth.army.mil/OEWatc ... pe_01.html
That's a 3-day supply you reckon? It doesn't say in the preamble, but assuming one person needs 3 litres or so per day....
=======
Plymton wrote:Klingon ass scratcher
=======
Area 8
=======
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

I don't reckon anything, 3 litres of what? :D
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

800g of chocolate . The Horror of it
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

I'm in a similar situation to Brambles. Have been using preps and am really back to basics with empty shelves. I have a few empty lidded boxes and was thinking about filling each one with a weeks food preps for a family of 4 adults.
It would be managable financially and for organisation.

I could then just add bits and bobs of store cupboard stuff when I can.

Hate having to start again.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

The things is you both had preps to begin with.

They were needed, you used them, you start again. Excellent use of preps. Pat yourselves on the back and have a smug cuppa. :mrgreen:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Teabags (and washing powder) is about the only thing I have left in more than weeks worth!
If it hadn't been for all my preps I would have been well and truly stuffed.
Like Su funding a re-supply is taking time and I'm really not wanting to fill the cupboard with stuff I know we won't use hence a simple stash box to tide us over until I can get another veg garden going.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

pseudonym wrote:The things is you both had preps to begin with.

They were needed, you used them, you start again. Excellent use of preps. Pat yourselves on the back and have a smug cuppa. :mrgreen:
This.

We prep for when we need it, what that might be will vary, just because of a lack of zombies doesn't mean it was any less necessary. I know you both know that and are probably just twitching and blinking at not having the stores you want and are used to. You'll get there again, chill gangsta's. 8-)
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Deeps wrote:
pseudonym wrote:The things is you both had preps to begin with.

This.

We prep for when we need it, what that might be will vary, just because of a lack of zombies doesn't mean it was any less necessary. I know you both know that and are probably just twitching and blinking at not having the stores you want and are used to. You'll get there again, chill gangsta's. 8-)
:lol: The twitching started when I stopped replacing stuff as I was using it :lol: :oops: I can't say I'm happy with an empty stockroom, but I'm resigned to it. (I do have a sneaky batch of sauerkraut on the go that should be ready thursday though, I can't help myself!)

Oh and no Zombies were injured during the demise of my stores... :mrgreen: :tinfoil :tinfoil
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

It is quite disconcerting seeing the empty shelves and even the kids are saying they've never seen it this low and what's up with me!

I'm even downsizing the garden mainly just because it had become unmanageable. However, I know I can grow plenty if I need to, I have that knowledge and skills built up over the last few years. I'll just grow a little for now, just to enjoy the fresh fruit and veg.

I would love to go and do a big trolley shop just for preps but little at a time and hope to god zombies don't happen anytime soon!