Following the Swiss Emergency Plan.

How are you preparing
Brambles

Re: Following the Swiss Emergency Plan.

Post by Brambles »

Stasher wrote:Aaaaah, the cooking chocolate stash...............

BTW, love the new tag line
:D :D
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

sethorly wrote:
featherstick wrote:
Product Quantity
Water 36 l
Tea 200 g
Coffee 300 g
Sugar 8 kg
Oil 8 l
Rice 2 kg
Flour 2 kg
Pods 2.55 kg
blah blah blah
How long per person is this list supposed to last?
It's no so much about how long the stash box is going to last per se, it's to be used as a starting point for beginning to build stores again. But if you look at it from the water-requirement, then a person needs around 4 litres per day in an emergency situation; a couple to drink and some to cook and clean themselves with, so four litres per day. 36 litres of water will last around nine days. The food in this list will last longer than the water, so you may want to look at readjusting your quantities of H20 if you are intending to use the stash box as a template.
2ndRateMind

Post by 2ndRateMind »

Can't help thinking that the Swiss would have arrived at a whole lot better list had they bothered to log in here, and read, mark, learn and inwardly digest all the common sense wisdom and practical tips listed...

Best wishes, 2RM.

PS. What are 'Pods'? Something psychadelic?
Omnes qui errant non pereunt
Not all who wander are lost
jansman

Post by jansman »

I believe that the Swiss, up until about 1990, were legally bound to build new houses with a fall out shelter. Every man had to do military ( militia) training ,albeit part time; like our TA.As a neutral country with no standing armed forces they were encouraged to look after themselves.

So I guess that the list the Swiss work from for food stocks is pretty well researched.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Citizen H

Post by Citizen H »

If I remember correctly in about 3 weeks we will be filling up on festive food...... and will still be eating it come Easter, personally Ive not had any Crisps, Nuts, choccy biscuits, wine or beer for 4 months now (im good like that, disciplined)

my first glass will be around 5pm xmas day, so heres to the arrival of the big guy,

Ho, Ho, Ho, Citizen "H"ski
Im just hoping for the best and preparing for the worse.

Citizen "H"
jansman

Post by jansman »

Citizen H wrote:If I remember correctly in about 3 weeks we will be filling up on festive food...... and will still be eating it come Easter, personally Ive not had any Crisps, Nuts, choccy biscuits, wine or beer for 4 months now (im good like that, disciplined)

my first glass will be around 5pm xmas day, so heres to the arrival of the big guy,

Swiss emergency plan? ???
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Citizen H

Post by Citizen H »

jansman wrote:
Citizen H wrote:If I remember correctly in about 3 weeks we will be filling up on festive food...... and will still be eating it come Easter, personally Ive not had any Crisps, Nuts, choccy biscuits, wine or beer for 4 months now (im good like that, disciplined)

No real plan....... just winging it, It'll be alright on the night-ski

Citizen "H"
Im just hoping for the best and preparing for the worse.

Citizen "H"
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Citizen H wrote:
jansman wrote:

No real plan....... just winging it, It'll be alright on the night-ski

Citizen "H"
Can we keep on topic please. Xmas and it's excesses has little to do with this thread.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon