worried yes or no ?

How are you preparing
scoobie

Re: worried yes or no ?

Post by scoobie »

Reading more into the financial implications of everything going on right now, I'm very very close to a 4!
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail - Benjamin Franklin
lone wolf

Post by lone wolf »

Im of the same opinion as Scoobie and Counsellor with a 4

But lets hope all these world issues will blow themselves out, we all need something nice to happen real soon

LW
andy prepper

Post by andy prepper »

Im at about level 4 but im done worrying about it, if what ever happens affects me I just deal with and use my plans and preps to the best of my ablity.
Instruo

Post by Instruo »

It's hard to quantify, particularly as we know how quickly things can change. That said there does appear to be a higher than usual number of events going on that when taken together could cause a greater problem.

Changes of government in Egypt and Tunisia, civil unrest around the Middle East and North Africa, external intervention in Bahrain, civil war in Libya and a natural disaster in Japan resulting in a nuclear crisis.

It's a cliche but there is a 'straw that breaks the camels back' will that come in terms of an uprising too far in the Middle East? A meltdown in Japan? A financial bail out of Portugal? Escalation of the drug related strife in Mexico? I think you get the point.

The result of that straw for the UK is further and greater economic difficulty.

It may well have been this bad before, I'm just more aware of what's going on in the world and the implications for me and mine and this country.

Oh almost forgot, I'll say 4.

Instruo.
Red Doe

Post by Red Doe »

Worried more about the long term global financial effects and how this will affect us here, simply because I`m in a situation that`s bad enough already! Sorry if that sounds selfish, I also do care about the Japanese people but simply am in no position to help or do anything constructive other than offer best wishes. :oops:
~So on that scale....5!
hobo

Post by hobo »

diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Well. There comes a time when you need to pull the antenna in for a rest, sit back, cuddle your loved ones, and make a cup of tea. And I'm doing that :mrgreen: Gathering meself for what might come ..
or might not!
Invisible

Post by Invisible »

the-gnole wrote:Last nuclear power incident in the UK was 54 years ago, we have a pretty good safefty record compared to other parts of the world. :roll:
Not including all the little leaks that they keep quiet about; no need to alarm the public after all.

I'm afraid that I don't trust a single word our government or other 'higher powers' tell us.

Just my opinion, mind ;)

As to worrying? Why worry? There's no point. Worrying is a negative emotion and I gave up on it years ago, at least for major things. I still worry about little things - not cracked that yet. Strange but true.

Instead of worrying, I watch and plot and scheme. It's much more productive. Worrying, like panicking, leads to ineffective thinking and poor decisions.

I suppose there's a reason my wife often calls me "Spock".

My alert level though I would say is probably around a 3.5 at the moment; it had been growing slowly over the last six months or so. When the Japanese issue started, I did go out and top up the supplies to max that night. Just in case.

diamond lil wrote:Well. There comes a time when you need to pull the antenna in for a rest, sit back, cuddle your loved ones, and make a cup of tea. And I'm doing that :mrgreen: Gathering meself for what might come ..
or might not!
(emphasis added by me)

Good advice. That's exactly what I did as soon as I had finished topping up my supplies. Didn't pull in the radar as such, but spent a lot of quality time with my gorgeous wife. After all, she's the most important thing in the world to me.

"Survive so we can live, rather than live to survive"
lisaloolibell

Post by lisaloolibell »

Im not "worried" at the moment just a rather uneasy feeling about the tension there seems to be around the world. I tend to rely more on my gut feelings/instincts. At the moment were putting the finishing to touches to our food storage/preps room. Going to go over the contents and update the inventory and add to it as we do on a weekly/monthly basis. Remove as much cash from the bank as is possible (which we usually do anyway) then Im going to pour myself a cuppa and have a low fat rice cake and chill. The way I see it were powerless to prevent or control events around the world, the only thing we can do is keep on prepping.
Carrot Cruncher

Post by Carrot Cruncher »

lisaloolibell wrote:The way I see it were powerless to prevent or control events around the world, the only thing we can do is keep on prepping.
Yep, thats the way I think of it too. I only worry (if at all) about things I have some control over, worrying about the rest just wastes energy and achieves nothing. That way of thinking irritates the hell out of MrsCC though :D .

For myself, I would say we are around 3 on the scale, if 1 is normal life and 5 is total chaos.