Mini ice age coming?

How are you preparing
Stasher

Re: Mini ice age coming?

Post by Stasher »

@ MissAnpassed, tc556guy said 'We don't use the death penalty enough, in my opinion.' Followed by 'although you've lately been letting more Muslims in who are upsetting your homogenous society apple cart.
We'll see how well you Europeans handle the Islamic hoard invading you '

I think that says it all really

I've really enjoyed your responses, I love that you've taken the time and effort to respond

But an individual who writes that kind of thing imho means you're just bashing your head against a brick wall and they will have little respect for anyone with a less far right view. They're just stirring, as well as unenlightened.

Thankfully I live in Europe too
Knowledge is power
tc556guy

Post by tc556guy »

MissAnpassad wrote:How I love that you dont even read anything. :lol:

"Ah, so you can't say something out of political correctness"

Read again and read it right this time, as you are allowed to say whatever you want (like "I will never ever eat american beef as your animalrights laws are non existant). I the US you could sue me.
I read just fine.

"You are not allowed to call africans monkeys in a magazine, but you are allowed to say it or write it on a forum."

That's [political correctness. When you can't say something because someone somewhere might be offended, and therefore your ability to say it is limited, it's either political correctness or outright censorship
This is really scary, you think its okay with any children dying? We work against the number zero and we are not far from it.
In a non-nanny state country people realize that bad things happen to good people all of the time, and you don't pass laws from a sense of 'we need to have a law for that" when ultimately it will have no effect except on the law-abiding.
In regards to the second amendment, the only people who are affected by gun laws are the law-abiding. The criminals will always have access to firearms.
The only way you'll ever get accidental child deaths from anything down to zero is by eliminating the law-abiding citizens access to that activity. In this case my rights to a firearm should not be curtailed because some people misuse firearms, or some people accidentally die from firearms. If the do-gooders are so concerned about accidental child deaths there are things out there that cause more accidental pediatric deaths than firearms. Address THOSE issues

Even more scarier that you belive that and that you are the "only free country". Please don't move to Europe, we like humans here.
Land of the free. It's not just a phrase. Yeah, I have little regard for the European nanny states. I like humans too...especially law-abiding humans. The criminal element are oxygen thieves and don't deserve to continue breathing
Obviously it is, as we have fewer recurring criminals. And in Sweden we are all pears.
Sounds discriminatory towards apples.
Seriously though, you enjoy the benefit of a much more homogenous society.
Now that you're losing that homogenous makeup from the introduction of peoples who do not share your beliefs, I think that you'll find cracks in your utopia soon enough

Ahh, you been reading on rasist sites, thats not what is happening in sweden (they are just lying to you, dont you realize it?).

And no, i'm not worried, as I now what islam is from my own experience.
Your own experience eh? How much time have you spent in the Middle East to see Islam in its natural environment?
You should be plenty worried about having that stone age mindset transplanted and take root in your native land.
There's a reason Europeans grew balls a few centuries ago and kicked Islam all the way back to the Middle East
Hopefully modern Europeans will find the same testicular fortitude before its too late for European culture as we know it.
*My views discussed on this forum are personal opinion and do not constitute information released in an official capacity*
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

God/Allah bless ya TC, you're providing the entertainment tonight mate.

Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Can we get this back onto the ice age/ cold weather and prepping before the thread goes the way of the dodo

If anyone has had a lapse of memory as to the forum rules feel free to take part in a free refresher course:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2137

Many thankd
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
MissAnpassad

Post by MissAnpassad »

Stasher wrote:@ MissAnpassed, tc556guy said 'We don't use the death penalty enough, in my opinion.' Followed by 'although you've lately been letting more Muslims in who are upsetting your homogenous society apple cart.
We'll see how well you Europeans handle the Islamic hoard invading you '

I think that says it all really

I've really enjoyed your responses, I love that you've taken the time and effort to respond

But an individual who writes that kind of thing imho means you're just bashing your head against a brick wall and they will have little respect for anyone with a less far right view. They're just stirring, as well as unenlightened.

Thankfully I live in Europe too
Are you single ? ;) Just kiding. Friends forever?
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

Yorkshire Andy said it.

Play nice, keep the thread on track with the original post or we have the power to close it!

You have been warned. :|
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

tc556guy wrote:
It's all fine and good to think that you can maintain an industrial first world society by reduce reuse recycle.
It's a pretty 60's hippy mentality when you get right down to it, and not very realistic
Every society economically has to have economic growth of some sort or its a stagnant society
Nobody is saying that it's possible to maintain the society that we have now completely by alternative means. What is being said is that society needs to change to accommodate a future of resource depletion and lower energy imputs. Conventional oil has an EROEI ( energy returned on energy invested , basically meaning how many units of energy are produced for each unit used in the extraction and processing) which has allowed for growth. Easily extracted oil has already peaked and is being replaced by fracking and tar sands all of which have a lower EROEI . In his book Energy and the wealth of the Nation professor Charles Hall calculates that an EROEI of 5 or above is needed to be a net contributor to a nations wealth to cover processing and servicing of the energy source. Fracking just gets to 5 but tar sands has an EROEI of 4.8 so is failing in that respect. If you want a better description try googling "limits to growth" , https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Limits_to_Growth
You say that we need to grow economically and to an extent that is correct. That growth is needed to service the ever increasing debt , debt that is growing faster than the worlds economy's ability to pay it off. If as you say the "hippy mentality" is unrealistic then just how much more realistic is the tired notion of perpetual growth? Marx wrote that capitalism contained the seeds of it's own destruction , he could easily of extended that to industrial society .Barring the invention of a non polluting and practically free energy source growth is always going to be limited and in all probility will slow drastically. But that doesn't need to be all bad news, just try replacing stagnant with stable and you comment isn't anywhere near as scary.
There's also a huge irony here in that when you are championing the benefits of fossil fuels and economic growth oil companies and banks are performing far worse in recent years than are Eco tech companies. Oil interests are looking at stranded assets and fracking in the US is in a heap of financial problems and banks are looking increasingly over exposed and fragile. Those Nimbys you refer to who protest about wind turbines are the same people , in my experience , who don't believe that we need alternative energy sources and fossil fuels can provide it all. Their primary concern is a fear that those turbines will harm the value of their properties and I've heard the same arguments with regards to solar panels.
I find it a little depressing and quite frankly think it's defeatist that someone on a prepping forum can see no option but BAU . On a personal note many here prep for financial hardships , a downturn of the economy , or unemployment. Part of those preps will include having less outgoings than before . Would you suggest that they don't cut back but continue spending and consuming at the same pre unemployment levels? I'd be surprised if you said yes but that is in essence what you are suggesting for the world economy.
I think your biggest fear , and that of many who can't see anything other than BAU , is the fear of mitigation. The fear that your standard of living may have to drop a little , that you won't be able to continue consuming as much as you do now , fewer holidays , less travel , less designer gear etc etc .

Edit Preppingsue I was typing this so missed your post , I won't add anything further .
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Think that last paragraph before the edit rounds tonights "entertainment" off very well ;)

goodnight all :tinfoil
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine