the 23rd of June in the uk

How are you preparing
gamekeeper752

the 23rd of June in the uk

Post by gamekeeper752 »

Not politics based but I would be interested to know if any UK based Preppers think there may be a few problems in the weeks after the referendum and if so what if anything are you doing about it or is it in your general plan of action IE already got enough stuff laid up etc etc
I can see nothing changing either way in the short term but prices might go up for some things,in the long term.
Train hard,Fight easy, put the kettle on and make tea
Catweazle

Re: the 23rd of June in the uk

Post by Catweazle »

The only short-term problem I expect is people stocking up last minute and emptying the shelves of bread and milk, like they do every time there is a snowstorm or transport strike.
Wulfshead

Post by Wulfshead »

I foresee absolutely no change at all.
EU producers will still want to sell their products to us whether we are in or out the EU.
There may be a few people getting a few bits in, just in case, but the general inaction of the British will continue as usual.

I think, or would hope, that serious preppers/survivalists would have enough to cover themselves if my opinion is right out the window come 23rd onwards.

Wulfshead
Area 4 Coordinator

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

It'll probably change the value of shares either way , the city does seem to be populated by people that use any excuse to put the price up or down . But in the real world we'll more than likely just carry on as normal .
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

Yeah I think it's a possibility some problems may occur maybe big ones, sure it may be business as usual, but I have concerns whatever way we decide.
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
unsure

Post by unsure »

to be honest , and lets face it , this is nothing more than an opinion pole . as such its not the same as a general election .
what ever we vote ,it will allways be a case of , close but no cigar .
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

Whatever the outcome, I do think that there will be problems in central London, some people just can't help themselves and like to have a good old punch-up for any reason. But hopefully no riots! :?

I shall be carrying on as normal and *if* anything happens locally we will be fine and I shall stay home, I have marmalade making planned for that afternoon. 8-)
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

I can't see a big problem because the vote has no legal standing (as I understand it) it's just people showing their feelings and the powers that be then decide what official action to do. My guess is our masters will decide whats best for them regardless of the vote.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

sniper 55 wrote:I can't see a big problem because the vote has no legal standing (as I understand it) it's just people showing their feelings and the powers that be then decide what official action to do. My guess is our masters will decide whats best for them regardless of the vote.
There's still the stumbling block of democracy and if the 'High Heidyins' don't do what the people want then we'll not vote for them again. As it stands I'm getting the fear, I don't think I'll get what I want on this one. :cry:
Briggs 2.0

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

Decaff wrote:
I shall be carrying on as normal and *if* anything happens locally we will be fine and I shall stay home, I have marmalade making planned for that afternoon. 8-)
Despite the predictions and forecasts of economic meltdown, shock, terror and deprivation, marmalade production continues.

I'm tempted to call the Daily Mail with this headline making story. Decaff, when would you be available for interview?
Off-Grid & Living Outdoors