Planning my prep

How are you preparing
Neanderthal

Re: Planning my prep

Post by Neanderthal »

womble wrote:There are other things to build preps for which begin to support your general family prep for "TEOTWAWKI" (which is, in the end, just shorthand for civil collapse): if you don't work at home, it's worth building a prep for how you get home if your usual transport is unserviceable, and even if all transport is shut down (some sort of martial law or widespread flooding or somesuch) which might not affect your living location directly. Worth, also, having ideas and preps for if your family is required to evacuate for some civil defense reason, even if it's to a well-supported "authority" place of safety: your kids will appreciate your bringing some things that less well prepared parents might not think of when required to leave their home at 20 minutes' notice because of a chemical fire in your locality, or some such.

Starting at the "more probable" end of prepping, I think, can focus your efforts, compartmentalise them and will still help begin building a "ready for anything" setup.
Brilliant suggestion I hadnt thought about what happens if it kicks off whilst I am at work I was working on the assumption we would all be together.

I need to come up with a get home plan.

Cheers mate
DustyDog

Re: Planning my prep

Post by DustyDog »

Firstly, welcome to the forum and secondly have a good mooch around here, there are loads of us and we all started prepping sometime and have been in your situation, what should I do first, what do I need to think of etc, all the reply you have had offer sound advice. Good luck on your preps. :D
Up in the wet South Lakeland