Vaseline pocket sized tins...?

How are you preparing
Deeps

Re: Vaseline pocket sized tins...?

Post by Deeps »

sniper 55 wrote:Oh just thought, use a tin for making charcloth, that'll light with a spark then.
It was one of my thoughts but the tins are still on the 'bijou' side although better than nothing I guess. If I'm planning on needing something like charcloth I'd rather have a healthier supply and it would be a more premeditated need but I get that we all see things differently.
TheWolfXX

Post by TheWolfXX »

Deeps wrote:
sniper 55 wrote:Oh just thought, use a tin for making charcloth, that'll light with a spark then.
It was one of my thoughts but the tins are still on the 'bijou' side although better than nothing I guess. If I'm planning on needing something like charcloth I'd rather have a healthier supply and it would be a more premeditated need but I get that we all see things differently.
Suppose it might actually help if I list some of the things I've already come up with that others have no because like you say we all think and see things differently.

Sealed matchboxes are my primary packet although once everyone has one in their pocket they just kinda pile up lol.
The condiments were a briliiant idea that my OH loved and has since been supplied with tins of salt, pepper, oxo and gravy.
Activated charcol was always a good store for me and these tins do allow stacking although honestly in its raw state and protected in the packets the charcol is easily stacked although I did think that once used the tin could then be utilised to produce more activated charcol in the wrong conditions.
My cooking stoves/burners are actually made from the Lidl mints tins mentioned earlier on because of their additional size and substantial lip owing to an easily seal (just remember to never seal petrol type products something I'm sure none of you need to know but a lesson I learnt the hard way).
I do have another use for them but it's technically illegal (and only done once as a pure experiment) and in reality my use of the tins here is to hold potentially volatile substances. Magnesium strips for instance are terrifying when stored incorrectly because even moisture can set them off in such a thin state and honestly it's **** terrifying if they spontaneously combust on the shelf.

You guys have given me many more ideas from fishing line to sewing kits. Thank you just so much, you're all awesome and now I'm getting better there's no better time to go find materials :D
Sun Tzu - "[01.19] Many calculations mean victory; few calculations mean no victory; then how much worse when there are no calculations? From this perspective I can clearly predict victory or defeat."
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Deeps wrote:
Yes they are a bit on the small size. I was just thinking outside the tin.... ;)
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

sniper 55 wrote:
Deeps wrote:
Yes they are a bit on the small size. I was just thinking outside the tin.... ;)
:lol: Well played Sir
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Just a thought but while we're saying the vaseline tins are on the small side, some might have the odd airgun pellet tin lying around, they're that bit bigger.