Motorcycle BOV

How are you preparing
Catweazle

Re: Motorcycle BOV

Post by Catweazle »

I have a selection of bikes from 90 to 998cc, and a bike is part of my bug-out plans - but only as a backup to my van. My bike of choice is a Suzuki DR125 - light enough to manhandle over most obstacles, quiet, economical 4-stroke engine.

A cheaper and arguably better bike is the Honda C90. Legendary reliability and near 200mpg is possible. I can tell you from experience that the C90 is also surprisingly crash-proof, having binned one repeatedly in the BEMSEE moped mayhem race several years running.
preparedsurrey

Post by preparedsurrey »

Sorry but surviving the EOTWAWKI then being left to roam the urban wastelands on a C90 complete with top box, screen and bar muffs!!!!

Even painted matt black there's something wrong with that picture :lol:
If guns are outlawed then only the outlaws will have guns....
Catweazle

Post by Catweazle »

preparedsurrey wrote:Sorry but surviving the EOTWAWKI then being left to roam the urban wastelands on a C90 complete with top box, screen and bar muffs!!!!

Even painted matt black there's something wrong with that picture :lol:
I know - not exactly Mad Max is it.

However, in a country that produces very little petrol I would prefer to be riding a C90 than pushing a Hayabusa.
dangerman

Post by dangerman »

Oooh, now that's perked up my ears! Look at this badboy - I didn't even know they were still making them in 2001. Are they still making them somewhere now?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-c90-cub ... 1525034670
I love motorcycles like a fat guy loves cake. I also love cake.
preparedsurrey

Post by preparedsurrey »

dangerman wrote:Oooh, now that's perked up my ears! Look at this badboy - I didn't even know they were still making them in 2001. Are they still making them somewhere now?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-c90-cub/162041081928
Aren't they the worlds best selling bike?

The Aus Post ct110 version would be a better bet for being rugged if you can get hold of one.

I used to buy the C90s from our local pizza place, never had an engine failure that wasn't due to having no oil left!
Catweazle

Post by Catweazle »

Forget the black paint, tour the wastelands on a C90, wearing Hi Viz jacket, with a huge Dominos Pizza box on the back. People would assume they were hallucinating, and you could get a lot of preps into that pizza box :D
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Catweazle wrote:Forget the black paint, tour the wastelands on a C90, wearing Hi Viz jacket, with a huge Dominos Pizza box on the back. People would assume they were hallucinating, and you could get a lot of preps into that pizza box :D

Might pre-empt a lot of ambushes too, as the evil bushwhackers start drooling and lurching forward at the thought of pizza instead of beans for the millionth meal in a row.

Seen this too.

Alloneword

Post by Alloneword »

Deeps wrote:Image
OMG that has to be a joke the damm thing would never move
Please bear in mind i am prepping for the River Thames to flood and how i can get to safe ground, I'm not worried about the end of the world..... I'll die with the other Minions.
I can't trust Govt or local Council to help me so i have to help myself.
preparedsurrey

Post by preparedsurrey »

Don't think it's a joke check out the rear wheel, they've fitted a mag one for more strength....
womble

Post by womble »

Alloneword wrote:OMG that has to be a joke the damm thing would never move
Google "overloaded honda c90" for some images that suggest you're underestimating its power.