How I am prepping.

How are you preparing
itsybitsy

Re: How I am prepping.

Post by itsybitsy »

SkyyFyre wrote:So, how do I send up a whole webpage? I keep asking and no-one has responded!

I could send bits of it, but it does not say who I am, what I am, and what I know, unless people ask!

Incidentally, do you know the real meaning of the term 'Druid'? It means 'Man of knowledge' that at least I have , so ask and I will reply.

I do not condescend, for none is lower than I or the next person, I DO resent people stamping on knowledge, hopes, desires and achievements, and to be honest I have seen quite a bit of that here, along with some good solid guidance.
I think you'll find it is you who is 'stamping' all over the members here who don't share your view of how prepping should be done and those of us who haven't 'achieved' as much as you say you have, which clearly is a failure in your eyes.

And why so keen to promote your web page? You've only been here two minutes! The only place we allow someone to put a web site is in their signature, as Plymptom says. And even then, it's at the mods discretion so we WILL check it once you've added it to your sig. We run a tight ship here, and that ethos has served us well for the past five years.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Skyy, if you want to start up a website, whether a webpage or a blog, go ahead and do it, and link to it in your sig after checking with the mods. I started one up, checked with the mods that it was okay to put it in my sig, and then went ahead and did it. I write articles there about twice a month, just finished a series of three on terrorism.

No forum that I know of would give a new member - or any lone member, come to that - the right to put a webpage up under the name of the forum. Doesn't happen - I think you weren't getting a response to that question previously because its such a non starter. I'm not a mod, but I didn't realise you were serious in your request, or I'd have written the above before, referring you to my own experience.

And like I *did* say previously, no one's stopping you doing anything, go to wordpress and sign up and you can start up your site straight away, for free. When you've got some content on there, check with the mods (whose names are in green) whether its okay to put the link in your sig. You can do that whenever you want.
SkyyFyre

Post by SkyyFyre »

The webpage is local only. I don't publish it through an ISP. I just find it easy to organise my own data here for myself..so, it's just data held in HTML formats.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

That's your choice, Skyy, you *could* publish onto the whole web quite easily. No one here is stopping you.
whenfires

Post by whenfires »

Arzosah wrote:Skyy, if you want to start up a website, whether a webpage or a blog, go ahead and do it, and link to it in your sig after checking with the mods. I started one up, checked with the mods that it was okay to put it in my sig, and then went ahead and did it. I write articles there about twice a month, just finished a series of three on terrorism.

No forum that I know of would give a new member - or any lone member, come to that - the right to put a webpage up under the name of the forum. Doesn't happen - I think you weren't getting a response to that question previously because its such a non starter. I'm not a mod, but I didn't realise you were serious in your request, or I'd have written the above before, referring you to my own experience.

And like I *did* say previously, no one's stopping you doing anything, go to wordpress and sign up and you can start up your site straight away, for free. When you've got some content on there, check with the mods (whose names are in green) whether its okay to put the link in your sig. You can do that whenever you want.
Same here, I post my own info to my blog and a link is in my signature, which the mods allow as long as it's not abused (thank you guys for that while we are on the subject!). You can get free hosting from plenty of places if you don't want it to cost you. Contribute to the discussions here when relevant and post your static info to your website.
Twitter: @whenfires
Disclaimer: May contain Amazon affiliate links harmful to wealth
SkyyFyre

Post by SkyyFyre »

OK, I take all your comments on-board. All I wanted to do was give back a little for the info I have been given. I'm sorry if I came out as forceful, but that tends to be the way I am. In most posts I made which were forceful, they were responses to someone (as I saw it) either trying to treat me as an idiot, or force their point of view on me. Those posts which gave me something I could use I responded to with thanks.

So, I will just sit here, read the posts, use what I can, and say nothing, because I do not want to be getting pointed comments to anything I say. Therefore, if you think I can help, please message me via the facility on here. *personal email address removed by moderators*

I don't want to publish the webpage for the same reasons. I have published in the past on other things, but it usually ended up with people taking the totally wrong idea of what I was trying to offer, and i can't be bothered with trying to maintain a site.

So, I'll just shut up and say no more. OK?

Oh, FYI..https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_Clock
3 minutes, folks.

Regards, Skyy.
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

You know what? If all you can do is whine, not to get to know everyone and not contribute, have a ban because my last nerve can't be doing with your histrionics.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon