A brilliant head start in prepping - The TA

How are you preparing
Bournemouthprepper

A brilliant head start in prepping - The TA

Post by Bournemouthprepper »

I think the main reason i will (Hopefully) survive whatever chaotic events lay before us is because of my experiences within the Territorial Army. It has taught me how to fight, how to shoot, how to survive and how to hunt.

I think anyone who has the time to spare, get involved! It has helped me a hell of alot!
lone wolf

Re: A brilliant head start in prepping - The TA

Post by lone wolf »

Here you go LIL, the opportunity you been waiting for to get you oot n aboot,..LOL

Lone Wolf
janso

Post by janso »

Hope its moved on since I joined and left for the regs!!! The british forces would be lost without the reservists backing them up, hats off to you BP for being one of those ;) ;)

I have toyed with the idea of going back to the reserves but theres no chance in hell my mrs would be happy, especially with my penchant for saying yes! Yes + overseas = ITS OVER!!

On a prepping front, youre obviously keeping your eye on the alarm codes and keys for the armoury and bullet bank... and keeping an eye on how much is being stored for 'live firing' use!!

I agree with your post thou mate, some good skills and techniques to be learnt which would pay dividends for a prepper... theres always that instant support network of friends in your unit and the plus side of being put onto the streets enforcing martial law when it happens, a fairly good position to be in for scoping out opportunities amid the chaos and the resupply of resources coming through the military network. ;)
allan

Post by allan »

Totally agree I am now coming up to twenty years in the ta and have seen it change from the regular army's poor cousin to a professional force that the army can not do without. Even after so long in I am constantly learning new skills. :D
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

:lol: Lol LW - there is no bloody way you'd ever get me in a uniform, not even the WVS! And I didnt know the TA teaches you how to hunt - hunt what ? I think the way to survive is to learn how not to have to fight or shoot :mrgreen: How to keep the head down, how to be invisible, how to blend into the background. Much more peaceful on the nerves :twisted:
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

diamond lil wrote::lol: Lol LW - there is no bloody way you'd ever get me in a uniform, not even the WVS! And I didnt know the TA teaches you how to hunt - hunt what ?
CHAVS...hopefully? :lol: :twisted:
Bournemouthprepper

i do partially agree, as the saying goes "those who can't think, fight." Although, Humans are not nice people, and when starving and thirsty, something tells me they wont be polite.

On the hunting level, i spent a weekend in cornwall with friend of Ray Mears, who showed us how to catch small animals, such as rabbits. We were also taught how to construct shelters, light fires from everyday stuff (mobile phones), and much more... That coupled with a healthy intrest means I'm semi-well equipped!
lone wolf

Post by lone wolf »

You say the weekend course taught you "how to light fires" and "build shelters", i would have thought being in the TAs that would have been in basic training !

Did they charge you a fee for this ?

Lone Wolf
Bournemouthprepper

during training you only learn to build the basic bashaa shelter, as realistically as a soldier in current climates the chance of you even using a bashaa or poncho is non-exsistent, and training is fully focused to current climates. And fire making is only taught through your disposable hexi cooker and a lighter lol as i'm sure you know, the TA has been very susceptable to cut backs over the last few years!

And as for a fee? nope! I earned a nice some of roughly £120 for the weekend, and it was a good weekend!
pol76

Post by pol76 »

Or you could join the cadets good training without the need to fight in a far of land and you help give the chavs a chance to see the light

max