What preps are you doing this week? Part 3.

How are you preparing
sniper 55

Re: What preps are you doing this week? Part 3.

Post by sniper 55 »

Got myself a Lil Larry COB worklight today, quite impressed. I'll do a review when I get chance.
sethorly

Post by sethorly »

I've been foraging in the local areas around me with the kids. We can now identify birch bark, birch polypore, cramp ball fungus (got a good load this morning) and horseshoe fungus - all natural firelighters amongst other properties. We've got batches drying in the garage and we're going to be lighting them up once they've dried. I know this is all old-hat for some of you, but it's exciting starting out on this bushcraft journey. Also taught my 2nd son to baton wood with our machete-thingie.
=======
Plymton wrote:Klingon ass scratcher
=======
Area 8
=======
wheresthefife

Post by wheresthefife »

Christmas means a little free time!

Scavenged some old shelves that were going spare to hold stuff - Nice to have it sort of organised and off the floor. Have to date managed to build up about 85(ish) L of water and food for between 2 weeks and a month (depending on how desperate we were to make it last!).

Also messed about with skill-learning/making stuff - finished up a knife blade and started on making some spare crossbow bolts.
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Finally got around to playing with my Nebo Lil Larry only to find it's the Big Larry I've been sent, I'd gone for the smaller one so it would go in my coat of many pockets... luckly this one fits in there anyway, and it's more powerful so winer.