What preps are you doing this week? Part 3.

How are you preparing
SooBee

Re: What preps are you doing this week? Part 3.

Post by SooBee »

Two things you might find useful to add: a triangular bandage and some Savlon cream.
I found it useful to keep first aid kits in outside pockets (in a flattish tin)
geordiejono

Post by geordiejono »

In the swing now with prepping, to date I have wind up torches, solar lights, first aid kit etc and a fair amount of food stocked but I am now wondering if this week was my biggest blunder, I have just received my dehydrator and vacuum sealer, I spent a week researching things but tonight when searching for the best way to dehydrated potatoes all I can see is botulism all over the web with regards to dehydrating, I thought my prepping was going so well, I have I made a monumental cock up ?. I have 7 bags of poatoes
ukpreppergrrl

Post by ukpreppergrrl »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:Get it swr meter before transmitting ;)
Oh and a patch lead

A more suitable antenna idea:

https://simonthewizard.com/2015/12/13/t ... e-swr-use/
SWR meter purchased, little Thunderpole magnetic aerial tuned :D "More suitable" antenna purchased off a well-known auction site, just looking for somewhere suitable to hang it! Many thanks!
Blog: http://ukpreppergrrl.wordpress.com
التَكْرَارُ يُعَلِّمُ الحِمارَ "Repetition teaches the donkey" Arabic proverb
"A year from now you may wish you had started today" Karen Lamb
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

Ok, its now Thursday morning and I still haven't got the foam cushions dry since last Saturday. The things that seemed to have worked when drying these things after washing was direct hot sunshine, but even that hasn't been quite enough to get deep into the core of the cushions. So it looks like another order from GBFoamDirect.co.uk is in order.
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Sat in lunch room at first aid refresher.. It now covers tourniquet and hemostatic agents
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

geordiejono wrote:, I spent a week researching things but tonight when searching for the best way to dehydrated potatoes all I can see is botulism all over the web with regards to dehydrating, I thought my prepping was going so well, I have I made a monumental cock up ?. I have 7 bags of poatoes

Take them out of the plastic bags and put them in paper/hessian sacks, and store in a cool dry place. Make sure you remove any damaged/rotten ones. They'll keep for ages.

If you must have dehydrated potatoes, a packet of Smash costs about 69p, last time I looked.

Cheers
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

geordiejono wrote:In the swing now with prepping, to date I have wind up torches, solar lights, first aid kit etc and a fair amount of food stocked but I am now wondering if this week was my biggest blunder, I have just received my dehydrator and vacuum sealer, I spent a week researching things but tonight when searching for the best way to dehydrated potatoes all I can see is botulism all over the web with regards to dehydrating, I thought my prepping was going so well, I have I made a monumental cock up ?. I have 7 bags of poatoes
Don't panic! A fair few of us here dehydrate all manner of things. Have a look here.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=8575
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
DustyDog

Post by DustyDog »

Too skint to buy any preps & still waiting for hospital appointment for surgery, so cannot split any logs ready for winter or in fact do anything that entails lifting of any kind, this includes weight training, so getting a little beer belly. :x
Up in the wet South Lakeland
aldhelm

Post by aldhelm »

Does the belly count as prepping though? by my reckoning you'll take longer to starve. I know I could out last lots of people :lol:

Thats my plan for if things go really really wrong. Find a really good hiding place and out wait all the fitness freaks that weigh 5 stone wet through. :tinfoil
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Well I'm a fully qualified first aider for another 3 years, with the latest revisions now covering catastrophic bleeding got to practice with Israeli dressings, celox gauze for wound packing and CAT tourniquet useage

Need to refresh the dressings in my car kit
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine