What preps are you doing this week? Part 3.

How are you preparing
jansman

Re: What preps are you doing this week? Part 3.

Post by jansman »

Brambles wrote:Well J, at least you can get things organised now and have everything in place just in case.
My landlord has just been round to look at the fence which blew down autumn 2014 and which I had replaced, at my expense, said very good! and then told me my rent is going up. BASTARD! :evil:
Exactly! We are not whinging, but using this scenario to show others the value of prepping. Regarding landlords , I am so glad our eldest has a good one.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

jansman wrote:Going to be running through the stores and filling the gaps on the shelves over the next week. Also going to be filling the new coal bunker I have built ready for next Autumn. We still have enough coal to see us to the end of this burning season, so that new batch will do for Winter 16/17.

Then we will be looking at animal feed.We keep a good stock in, but I have insisted we hold at least 3 months worth. Also,we have to look at toiletries and cleaning materials, even though we hold a fair stock.

The reason? Redundancy has reared its ugly head again here at Chez Jansman. The Duchess came home today and has been put on notice AGAIN. Me , I have been told that the firm I now work for have to 'lose' 4 out of 14 butchers.As last in I could easily be first out. :( We both agree we ain't worrying about it as we are just too damned old for this sh£t ! Where my Wife is concerned, I doubt that she will lose her job, though you never say never! Me, well I have had more jobs in the last 3 years than in 30! :lol: Keep on prepping guys and gals.
Sorry to hear that mate, it does sound like the pair of you are pretty 'zen' about it, probably the best way and of course having the wherewithal to feed and look after yourselves takes the edge off. I hope you're sorted.
Brambles wrote:Well J, at least you can get things organised now and have everything in place just in case.
My landlord has just been round to look at the fence which blew down autumn 2014 and which I had replaced, at my expense, said very good! and then told me my rent is going up. BASTARD! :evil:
While I don't know how approachable your landlord is, good tenants are worth holding on to, it might be possible to come to an arrangement with them about things like fences, carpets etc, when work needs doing approach them and ask if they're happy for you to run with it and agree a budget, it gives you a bit more leeway and it saves them the hassle. Not all will go for it but if they don't do what they're obliged to chase them up, landlords have responsibilities towards tenants too.
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

finally ordered the safer chimnea ethanol burner as having the loose ethanol burning tins in my chimnea really didn't look safe from a fire safety perspective and I got the burner at £10 off the previous price inc P+P which was good.
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

https://www.aldi.co.uk/hd-portable-sate ... 7022017800

Got this last night

Be handy for news updates if shtf as it runs from 12v and very portable....

And keeping the kids entertned on holiday ;)
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
DustyDog

Post by DustyDog »

Nothing this week, to many £sss spent on car, gonna go through my tinned food preps, eat stuff going out of date and then replace, getting a bit low on wood but have had to spend the cash on other stuff. :(
Up in the wet South Lakeland
Medusa

Post by Medusa »

More wood chopping for me planned this weekend. I am awaiting the arrival of my BCB Crusader cooking set to go in my BOB and to add to the collection of various stoves I already have. The cost of lots of family Easter eggs means I couldn't buy much in the way of food supplies this month, but I have ordered more water. I have re-organised the cupboard containing cleaning and household items and am quite pleased how the stocking up is going. Does anyone else have a family who thinks that they are quite mad doing all this?
Growing old disgracefully!
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

Yes Medusa, I am "the mad squirrel" of the family :lol: but whenever anyone needs anything, guess who they call??? I don't care that they laugh and roll their eyes at me, I smile and carry on!! :mrgreen:
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
BadgerSE

Post by BadgerSE »

Bought a load more new/ second hand survival, bushcraft, prepping type books to boost my reading material. Although I love the convenience of PDF's and electronic reading I still prefer good old fashioned physical copies of books and studying them.

I've also completely overhauled my EDC.
“Tough times don't last, tough people do, remember?”

Area 3
terrytaylor84

Post by terrytaylor84 »

I did my first shift at the William Wilberforce pub on Thursday, 9 hours, it nearly killed me cos it's the longest I've been on my feet since June last year, when I quit my previous job due to a spinal injury (2 fractures, causing scoliosis and lytic sponydylilolisthesis. Finishing my packing this weekend, then moving to beverley in Hull on 1st of April. I can't wait to escape Leicester.
defender130

What preps are you doing this week? Part 3.

Post by defender130 »

Not that far from me then terrytaylor84 similar distance from hull myself but in melton so probably only around 10 ish miles from Beverley

My prepping this week hasn't amounted to much but am now looking for decent supplies of canning jars in quantity after my All American 921 pressure canner has finally made its way over from the states and arrived

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk