Want to know the best place to bug out?

How are you preparing
Deeps

Re: Want to know the best place to bug out?

Post by Deeps »

Well I was so inspired by this thread, I hardly got a wink of sleep so this morning I started my own 'plan' for a submarine, what do you think ?

Toddie

Post by Toddie »

Deeps wrote:Well I was so inspired by this thread, I hardly got a wink of sleep so this morning I started my own 'plan' for a submarine, what do you think ?

10/10. I had a good chuckle at that one.
Area 8.

"Better to have and not need, than to need and not have"
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Lyonic wrote:Hey all o/ I have been watching prepping stuff for many years now and have recently came up with an idea that I feel is the best idea that no one I have noticed has thought off. It's in regards to a 'bug out' location, so for example if you had a bunker with supplies, that could be your location. Before I reveal (ta-da!) this awesome idea that will I hope have a lot of people re-thinking their whole plan.

So lets say you have a bunker that is:

- Well Hidden
- Has ample supplies
- Is 'out of the way' geographically
- is very secure with steel, traps etc

Ok so say you have the above, make it to the bunker in full health and are all locked in waiting for whatever. So the 'event' happens and there is mass chaos, people head for the hills and the sparsely populated areas and they find your bunker. This is the biggest problem with a bunker, it can be found.... Ok so they have found the bunker and they try to get in.. but ofcourse they have no chance because its all sealed up tight with strong steel and you maybe shoot at them or something and they bail. Problem is that person now knows where your bunker is. Anyone that he comes in contact with could now know where your are. and they tell two friends, and they tell two friends (just like waynes world) hehe. Ok so basically u are now dead. There is no bunker that can withstand people trying to get in over a prolonged period.

This is where my idea comes in...

I was inspired by watching a recent movie called 'Unbroken' or something. Its about a ww2 bomber crew who get captured and put into pow camp. Anyway during the film the plane crashes into the ocean and these guys manage to live for like 50 days or something with barley anything. Then I started to look at the ocean and you realise it is hands down THE BEST PLACE TO BUG OUT.

The Ocean has:

-Unlimited Food
-Unrivaled security
-Totally mobile ... (so if you need to GTFO, you take all your preps with you)
-Unlimited supply of water (Solar stills, that crazy machine that transforms sea water to drinkable water)
-Don't have to worry about sanitation cause you can poop and wash over the side of the boat
-Can navigate via stars etc or maps or that old school deely that you look at the sun or something idk...

Problems that I identified was...

-Ocean Storm
-Pirates (YARRRGGG)
-Running out of fuel

So I came up with a solution to this that will blow your mind.... submarine. Ok I am not that crazy with this.. all you have todo is type in 'homemade submarine' in youtube to see all the guys who made their own etc.. The one that caught my eye was the one that was pedal power. Thousands of people have travelled over the oceans with rowing/pedal power and imo its like having a bicycle for the sea. This obviously has a lot of benefits like, keeps you fit, is quiet, wont run out of power etc. But why a submarine? well.. if you look up details about storms u will find out that if you go down in the ocean you don't feel the waves and stuff. Also, if you see pirates or something you just DIVE DIVE DIVE, and your all cool. Now yes I understand a government navy ship would own you, but its a big area to cover.

ok you have the sub but... how can you survive with a submarine for years on the ocean? EZ... Hybrid that thing up. I have drawn up a plan for a submarine that when it surfaces spreads out atop the water with solar panels, solar stills, areas for growing small plants could be an option but I don't know what the like,,, salt evaporation from the sea would do idk. could probly find some seaweed plant to cultivate.

Would love to hear about what you think about this concept for bugging out

OMFG.

That is all.
greyman

Post by greyman »

Deeps wrote:Well I was so inspired by this thread, I hardly got a wink of sleep so this morning I started my own 'plan' for a submarine, what do you think ?

Does it only come in yellow?
And could you draw it bigger so I could get the dog in.
Would it be possible deeps to ask for a copy of your plans please. ;)
yorkshirewolf

Post by yorkshirewolf »

Can i ask Deeps - why is the periscope up when it's underwater? :lol:
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

I'll 'fess up, I stole the plans from the internet. Its a bit smaller than I'm used to (and the wrong colour) but it looks easy enough to make.

My only surprise is the lack of comments about windows, thats usually the first question, quickly followed by "do you not get claustrophobic ?" :lol:
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Deeps wrote:I'll 'fess up, I stole the plans from the internet. Its a bit smaller than I'm used to (and the wrong colour) but it looks easy enough to make.

My only surprise is the lack of comments about windows, thats usually the first question, quickly followed by "do you not get claustrophobic ?" :lol:
My dad was a window cleaner on a submarine.... before he drowned... :D
jansman

Post by jansman »

I bet the Russians are sh*tting themselves! :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

jansman wrote:

I bet the Russians are sh*tting themselves! :lol:
Is that because they might be 'easy targets' for our new friend ?
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

I can't believe everyone is being so negative ,it's sounds like a great plan , me myself being 6 miles from the nearest part of the coast and 159m above sea level will definitely be building one myself , in pink ,with windows but no periscope, now got to go fire up the welder ..........

I might just bury it until the sea level rises then float away, kind of a bunker sub .
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.