What Preps are you doing this week

How are you preparing
itsybitsy

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by itsybitsy »

smileyt wrote:I have had to tell a bare-faced lie. :oops:

Took delivery of an online shopping order today and the delivery man said he had never delivered such a large order even though he delivers to businesses and nurseries :oops: So I lied and said it was a joint order between me and a friend. Will have to go to confession now .....

Oh yes, and the 270 loo rolls arrived last week. Delivery man thought he was delivering a fridge-freezer, the box was that big :lol: :lol:

Once I have everything stored away, I might take some photos and write an article for the front page of the site.
Where do you keep everything? I, for one, would be very interested to see photos of people's preps, even to just give me some ideas for storage and adding some variety to what I have - I seem to have developed what Magz (I think) calls 'Preppers Paralysis' - I spent over an hour last night on the Tesco website trying to place an order before my delivery slot timed out (the only one available this week until Sunday) and just ended up having a total head mash and ordering cat food, cat liter and bottled water - and not much else! :|
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

sent OH to the supermarket for some milk this evening - came back with 6 (yes 6) boxes of cadburys choc fingers and 2 boxes of celebrations! Now thats what I call prepping :lol: :lol: :lol:
axelt123

Post by axelt123 »

preppingsu wrote:sent OH to the supermarket for some milk this evening - came back with 6 (yes 6) boxes of cadburys choc fingers and 2 boxes of celebrations! Now thats what I call prepping :lol: :lol: :lol:

sounds about right :lol:
smileyt

Post by smileyt »

itsybitsy wrote:
smileyt wrote: Took delivery of an online shopping order today and the delivery man said he had never delivered such a large order even though he delivers to businesses and nurseries :oops: .
Where do you keep everything? I, for one, would be very interested to see photos of people's preps, even to just give me some ideas for storage and adding some variety to what I have - I seem to have developed what Magz (I think) calls 'Preppers Paralysis' - I spent over an hour last night on the Tesco website trying to place an order before my delivery slot timed out (the only one available this week until Sunday) and just ended up having a total head mash and ordering cat food, cat liter and bottled water - and not much else! :|
I have a large bedroom!
The looroll is in the alcove behind my bed.
I have several boxes of stuff under the bed.
I have a chest of drawers which is full of tins of fruit and veg. It's the ugliest piece of furniture you have ever seen but boy, has it come in useful over the years! Underneath it I have 20 five litre bottles of water. And a bottle of Vimto :lol: It is covered with a large piece of sheeting.
I have a set of pine shelves which contains my cleaning stuff.
I found a massive wardrobe in the alley and got my lovely neighbours (strong young men!) to shift it for me. Then I got two skinny bookcases from argos and put them inside and put shelves across. The bottom half of the wardrobe therefore has shelves stuffed full of pasta sauces, teabags, pasta and rice (I have about 20kg of rice :lol: ) and the top half is full of extra bedding.
I do also have a small wardrobe and chest of drawers with clothes in them! However the bedroom is now stuffed and I only have room for a couple more boxes under the bed. I want to start thinking now about more longterm storage, but I have no idea where I can store more stuff!
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

smileyt wrote: I have a large bedroom!
The looroll is in the alcove behind my bed.
I have several boxes of stuff under the bed.
I have a chest of drawers which is full of tins of fruit and veg. It's the ugliest piece of furniture you have ever seen but boy, has it come in useful over the years! Underneath it I have 20 five litre bottles of water. And a bottle of Vimto :lol: It is covered with a large piece of sheeting.
I have a set of pine shelves which contains my cleaning stuff.
I found a massive wardrobe in the alley and got my lovely neighbours (strong young men!) to shift it for me. Then I got two skinny bookcases from argos and put them inside and put shelves across. The bottom half of the wardrobe therefore has shelves stuffed full of pasta sauces, teabags, pasta and rice (I have about 20kg of rice :lol: ) and the top half is full of extra bedding.
I do also have a small wardrobe and chest of drawers with clothes in them! However the bedroom is now stuffed and I only have room for a couple more boxes under the bed. I want to start thinking now about more longterm storage, but I have no idea where I can store more stuff!
Holy Moly! Are you in a house or an apartment/flat?
CityGirl

Post by CityGirl »

No preps this week - I'm hibernating. ;)

Food stocks are probably only a month's worth, apart from powdered milk, coffee, tea & water which I have in abundance. This is apart from the usual monthly shopping. I am working on it though.

Would love to have space to grow stuff but that's not an option. However, I am growing an assortment of herbs, & a single solitary chilli plant.
Magz

Post by Magz »

CityGirl wrote:No preps this week - I'm hibernating. ;)

Food stocks are probably only a month's worth, apart from powdered milk, coffee, tea & water which I have in abundance. This is apart from the usual monthly shopping. I am working on it though.

Would love to have space to grow stuff but that's not an option. However, I am growing an assortment of herbs, & a single solitary chilli plant.
Your growing more then me! :)
CityGirl

Post by CityGirl »

I'm trying.. :)

Chilli plant has about 4 or 5 chilli's on it, one has turned red now & the others are on their way.
axelt123

Post by axelt123 »

CityGirl wrote:I'm trying.. :)

Chilli plant has about 4 or 5 chilli's on it, one has turned red now & the others are on their way.

might be worth trying to dry your chilies for storage without a freezer

axel
Magz

Post by Magz »

CityGirl wrote:I'm trying.. :)

I'm gona try chlli and garlic in spring , with a few herbs.