What Preps are you doing this week

How are you preparing
poppypiesdad

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by poppypiesdad »

ShadowCompanyGhost wrote:i bought a UMAREX H&K MP5K 6mm bb Co2 Airsoft gun to try hunting with at my local Private forest. ( i have permission from the land owner. )
its shooting around about 430 - 500 Feet Per Second with the standard .2g airsoft bb. i have ordered some Steel bb's to see what it shoots at with them, they are .6g i believe. i got the gun for £67 and spent another £20 on co2 cartriges and some extra mags to qualify for free shipping. i can provide the link should anybody require it.

i have also ordered a second bottle of the fire dragon gel, that stuff is great! & have a new BOL underway.. Pics to follow soon. other things i have done are stock up on water and tinned food.
Best thing you could do with that is find an airsoft site and have a bit of fun , you are not going to kill anything with it , it is airsoft , at the most you will injur what ever you are shotting at , dont put steel bbs in it it will ruin it in seconds as they are not designed to be used , you would be better off buying a second hand air rifle and some targets to practice with , and seeing the limit for airsoft guns for full auto is 328 fps or 1j if you get caught with it your breaking the law , thats if the armed response unit doesnt show up and shoot you , not with plastic bbs . Is it on of the two- toned ones ?

sorry to be negative , but facts are facts .

j
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
ShadowCompanyGhost

Post by ShadowCompanyGhost »

im fairly confident that this thing isnt for airsoft though. ive been doing it for a while now and all my other guns are 300-325 this is around 500.

there are 2 versions, a .177 version - http://www.solware.co.uk/air-pistol-air ... l-BB.shtml
and a 6mm version - http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_i ... ts_id=6932

i have the .177 one ordered, was just saying that i would try the cheaper one out to see how it will do.
StashCache

Post by StashCache »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:It charges from any light its a "health and safety product" designed for business/ industrial use it charges fine off natural light/ normal building lighting or a torch
Thanks for that Andy, I think I will have to grab some of that, I can think of plenty of useful applications for it.
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

Yip the first line

i bought a UMAREX H&K MP5K 6mm bb Co2 Airsoft gun

does that give you any clues ?

And your first link , the gun is listed as 7.5 j , that is just ovet 5.5ft lbs . Going to have to get really close to something to do it harm. Or like I said get an air rifle .

And has been mentioned before on the forums if your going to try and bluff that its real in a shtf situation , it isnt wise using airsoft guns .

J
Be Prepared.
ShadowCompanyGhost

Post by ShadowCompanyGhost »

i understand you, ive never done hunting before and thought that the .177 version would be ok to use, thanks for clearing that up for me, i appreciate it. as for the rest, yea i suppose that im being a little silly
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

Nope there is no such thing as being silly , needing things explained is easy ask and you shall be told , on here there will be differences of opinions , what someone thinks is better than that , if youve got access to wodland , go get a hide set up , take a flask , and some butties and sit for a few hours to see what might cross your path

j
Be Prepared.
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

Been reading up about forageables and tincture making.
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
Trawlerman

Post by Trawlerman »

Bought an ACR MS-2000 Strobe Distress Beacon
and a Northern Ireland Patrol Pack

and almost ready to pull the trigger on a Baofeng UV-5R
Last edited by Trawlerman on Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Area 10 - East Yorkshire
Radio Amateur ex-G7NNT now M0NNT

'In Omnia Paratus'
izzy_mack

Post by izzy_mack »

Nothing so exciting as the last posts, got a bit of roe deer, so minced it ready to make venison sausages, would have made them but had no skins and bloke who gets them for me away on holiday, bad bit of prepping on my part! :? Had to freeze it and will make sausages as needed instead.

Upped my candle store, easy to do as I love candles, got enough not to last just a few blackouts but months of darkness! Will probably, if I can bring myself to, part with some as xmas presents if things not too bad by then.

Started xmas shopping, trying to give presents with prepping in mind, especially to those who don't, bought a sleeping bag for a kid whose mother won't be prepared for the cold. he'll probably be miffed it's not a toy but will add some sweets to soften the blow! Gave loads of torches and candles last year as well as home made foods and bought "luxury" foods. Need to get my thinking cap on to avoid the same pressies this year but stick to my prepping theme.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Izzy: You tried Evilbay?

Both natural (hog, ox and sheep) and vegetarian available
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar