What Preps are you doing this week

How are you preparing
ForgeCorvus

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Wulfshead wrote:Djorn,
If you are looking for a book about catching, gutting and preparing creatures of all sizes then I'd plumb for the SAS Survival Handbook by John (Lofty) Wiseman.
Even if you are pretty sure about prepping this book will give additional gems for prepping and situations where you may need to step up.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SAS-Survival-Ha ... 0007274939

Wulfshead
I think this is the book that QR is currently offering in the Book Relay
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
moocher

Post by moocher »

Wulfshead wrote:Djorn,
If you are looking for a book about catching, gutting and preparing creatures of all sizes then I'd plumb for the SAS Survival Handbook by John (Lofty) Wiseman.
Even if you are pretty sure about prepping this book will give additional gems for prepping and situations where you may need to step up.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SAS-Survival-Ha ... 0007274939

Wulfshead
This one is very informative
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Basic-Butcherin ... 0882663917
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

Wulfshead wrote:Oh, I forgot this idea from Mrs Wulfshead.
She got me to buy one of those double beds which lift up so you can store loads of stuff in the void.
I kept my immediate hands on kit in my bedroom cupboard but that is now being refitted to hold more of our 1 months food and first emergency lighting device.
The missus also bought loads of those bags you put clothing in and then suck the air out of.
I really miss opening my bedroom cupboard and seeing my kit there, there's always a good feel good factor in seeing your kit.

Wulfshead

Those bags are brilliant for giving extra space, I did a big session of bagging up summer clothes, extra pillows and a few other bits last week, got scented ones by accident so can't use to put food in which is a shame as I have a small stock of bread mixes that would be perfect in those bags. :roll:

EDIT: Yorkshire Andy - can you tell us the burn time on those chunky candles you bought? Bargain prices!!
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

Busy weekend
Had to build a ladder section for the wee ones pony club as promised for todays show
Unblock the stable yard drain , we have a catch sump , but forgot to empty it, so drain rods out and rodding eyes opened , and jobs a good un , flushed the pipes with 1000 liters of rainwater on a diverter to an ibc cube at side of stables
Trip to screwfix for its for work next week
Bit of chrimbo shopping
We got around 30 litrs of apples off the trees this year and did some cider which finished fermentation so we transfered it to a keg and its in the shed for chrimbo
Burnt the last of the scrap wood from the housebuild and the empty fireworks cardboard tubes .

Just going to tuck cuddies in and get batteries on charge for tomorrow and the maybe sleep

j
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
Carlisle195

Post by Carlisle195 »

This week Iv been sorting out more food to store and also needed to re new my boots and re stock my bugout first aid kit and is thinking about another solor power back to keep things charged wen I'm out testing skills
hobo

Post by hobo »

I've been reviewing my preps with a view to upping my stores to 3 months. Something I've delayed for too long, I reckon. Currently at 1 month.
hobo

Post by hobo »

Bought some reduced Duracell Plus AA & AAAs at Wilkos. Use by 2024!
Trawlerman

Post by Trawlerman »

Finally got a useable 72hr bag. Picked up a Northern Ireland Patrol Pack for £15 so this weekend i've been transferring my stuff into it in an orderly manner. It's 30L and holds much more than the other one that was supposed to be 30L. So I'm a happy chappy.

Just need to pick up some PLCE Utility straps so that I can attach my Sleep System and it'll be all systems go then :D

Got my Lansky World-Legal knife delivered and i'm very impressed with that. Nicked my finger on it and it bled like nobodys business! Incredibly sharp right out of the box.

Also got an MS-2000(m) Firefly strobe. Wicked piece of kit and amazingly bright. It has a lanyard but i'm looking at ways to attach it securely to the outside of my kit now. Any ideas?

I think that will likely be the extent of my preps for this year now. Christmas is coming up very fast and my priorities and money will be averted elsewhere for a while now. Will start making some inroads on food/water storage in the new year just before the weather starts to turn really nasty.
Area 10 - East Yorkshire
Radio Amateur ex-G7NNT now M0NNT

'In Omnia Paratus'
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

Paracord , proper paracird not the cheap imitation stuff you get, 500 lbs breaking strain works for the military.

Or a proper pistol lanyard , like the old curly telephone cables , but its reinforced with Kevlar strands

J
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
Spongebob

Post by Spongebob »

I built up our dog's food and his prescription drug supplies to 6 months. Since our own preps would only last 2-3 months the dog will have to share ;-)

SB