What Preps are you doing this week

How are you preparing
Al_Shrew

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by Al_Shrew »

This week I'll be researching short term emergency back up power. Car batteries, inverters, solar trickle chargers etc.
Looking into DIY vertical wind turbine. Also increasing water storage not necessarily required for drinking.

Finally been told a supermarket chain has a deal on Uncle Bens rice (79p) instead of the usual
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

I feel better now:

Apart from the back ache :lol:

Just glad I didn't have to split them. :mrgreen:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

Got my self a new torch at the electrical suppliers today , they are on special , i have now made the decision on only using AA or AAA battery powered appliances, have CR123a torches , and 18650 torches , but have decided to get rid of all "non standard" as there will be a better chance to get AA or AAA in a crisis after my stocks have run out

anyway linky

http://www.torchdirect.co.uk/coast-prof ... torch.html

and only paid £40.05

J
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
Ghost Prepper

Post by Ghost Prepper »

This week i have been preparing a third bug out shelter and looking at non-electric sources of lumination such as Cyalumes. The shelter is 3ft below ground with wooden edges and roof, covering the roof is a camo tarp and natural vegation glued on. The tarp sits at ground level and would not be noticed even if you knew it was there. I also had a practice bug out which went well
AREA 13 CO-ORDINATOR

Best Prepping Advice : TELL NO BODY :)
SooBee

Post by SooBee »

I'm still busy preserving stuff from the garden and some other gardens too. There are gluts of some fruits and others don't seem to have done too well. Our sloes are a bit spare this year but the apples went mad and so did the tomatoes...so lots of chutney going on the shelves. I make a habit of giving a jar or so to neighbours and I get jars and fruit back (basic barter system in its infancy here). I shall be processing it all for a while yet and even the harvest festival marrows are about to be turned into Marrow Ginger for the village.

A lovely time of year.

Soobee
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

Still trying to turn my spindly frame into one that's better for survival or whatever. Trying "creatine" to help with basic muscular development as part of a course over the next 6 - 12 months (or until i get bored) of general fitness.
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
jansman

Post by jansman »

This weekend I shall be mostly bottling 15 gallons of booze, and starting 15 gallons more. Ours is not a thirsty house! :lol:
There is firewood to split, and wild mushrooms a'plenty for gathering tomorrow.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
moocher

Post by moocher »

Starting to go through food stocks use up shortdated stock.going to work out stock to buy in for winter.more candles being priority.
Dingo

Post by Dingo »

As a newcomer to the prepping world, I spent this weekend sorting out all the accumulated stuff laying around in my shed and the house, with a view to deciding what is useful for prepping and what isn't. It's amazing how much useful and useless stuff I've got!! Trips to the car boot sale and the skip planned.
While mooching around the house I determined that the most realistic medium term threat for me is loss of job and the domestic upheaval that would cause. Though it's medium term, It dominates my thinking at times, whereas short term problems I've dealt with before, regularly. By short term, for me it's probably essential services being compromised. Long term, who knows, but for me I reckon it's economic.
I will this week undertake a personal SWOT analysis: Strengths Weaknesses Opportunities and Threats analysis, formulate a plan and start to put it into practice. That is how I am prepping this week.
Someone somewhere should do something!
IfInDoubt

Post by IfInDoubt »

Was going to be splitting the logs from a recently felled tree, but it was drizzling so stayed in and made Sloe Gin (does that count as prepping)

(also bought extra propane for the BBQ should the power go out I can still cook in a relative civilised state, and chucked a bit more winter related kit in the boot as I feel winter may be a'coming)
Rogers: "Stark, we need a plan of attack"
Stark: "I have a plan; ATTACK!"

A man without at least one sharp pointy thing and the ability to start a fire is just a cold whining hairless ape