What Preps are you doing this week

How are you preparing
Decaff

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by Decaff »

[quote="Trawlerman"]
Also got an MS-2000(m) Firefly strobe. Wicked piece of kit and amazingly bright. It has a lanyard but i'm looking at ways to attach it securely to the outside of my kit now. Any ideas?

How about one of those keyring spiral thingys (no idea what it's called, but a swear word in my house as dificult to get the blasted keys on and off!!)
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
Wulfshead

Post by Wulfshead »

Decaff,
I ordered ten 1.5 inch carabiners from Amazon to hold my hiking tent atop my BOB and other stuff from the other suspension points.
They are really good and may well suit you for your needs.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Carabiner-Sprin ... carabiners

Wulfshead
Area 4 Coordinator

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

Wulfshead wrote:Decaff,
I ordered ten 1.5 inch carabiners from Amazon to hold my hiking tent atop my BOB and other stuff from the other suspension points.
They are really good and may well suit you for your needs.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Carabiner-Sprin ... carabiners

Wulfshead

Thanks Wulfshead but was trying to help out Trawlerman with attaching his lanyard to his bag, but a carabina clio would do the job!!! Coooeee Trawlerman!!! CARABINA CLIP!!
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

I got given a half size chest freezer and an oil-filled radiator by a friend (both gladly welcomed as I was actually going to buy one of each this winter) so I will be off to Waitrose to skulk around the discount shelves and see what I can fill the freezer with. :mrgreen:
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

itsybitsy wrote:I got given a half size chest freezer and an oil-filled radiator by a friend (both gladly welcomed as I was actually going to buy one of each this winter) so I will be off to Waitrose to skulk around the discount shelves and see what I can fill the freezer with. :mrgreen:

only half size? How you plan on getting the turkey in that ? :mrgreen:

where you planning on putting the freezer? if in a outbuilding it ideally wants to a be SN class Beko

http://www.which.co.uk/home-and-garden/ ... ur-garage/

Climate class Temperature range (oC)
SN 10-32
N 16-32
ST 16-38
T 16-43

(we know this because my gran refused to heat her kitchen and the fridge freezer used to thaw out when it was cold in winter and spoil her food :( ) just worth baring in mind

(unless you put the oil radiator in there with it :ugeek: )

My 300w pure sine wave inverter arrived today :P
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Waterbaby

Post by Waterbaby »

Ours always seemed to be full of pigeons and various meals made from gluts of marrow.... :roll:
If only I had a chest freezer now -we only just got a freezer after a couple of years without.
All I'm doing this week is sorting my first aid stuff a bit,as I've got a cold and I've been using up out of date lemsips :(
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

Well, this thread has been going since 2010 and is over 500 pages long!

So it has been decided to finish this thread and start a new one.

I'll make the new one a sticky so it will always be at the top of the How are you Preparing section.