What Preps are you doing this week

How are you preparing
1234Alive

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by 1234Alive »

Bought myself a vacuum sealer so will be having a play with that this week :)
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

got more olive oil for the lamps, some pickling vinegar that if it isn't too smelly I will use for cleaning, a few more batteries (but I need more so I will get them soon) and another £1 shop umbrella
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
Trawlerman

Post by Trawlerman »

Hamradioop wrote:@ Trawlerman: Military Firefly Beacon?
What do you want that for? I am curious.

Admittedly the Firefly would be a little bit of a luxury. I do like toys to play with :lol:

Having said that, there are times when i'm really off the beaten track and out of phone coverage. For those occasions, a marker beacon may be a useful thing to have. I do have a whistle but how far can a whistle travel when one is out on the moors some 10 miles from the nearest homestead? I guess another form of communication never goes a miss.
Area 10 - East Yorkshire
Radio Amateur ex-G7NNT now M0NNT

'In Omnia Paratus'
Trawlerman

Post by Trawlerman »

ForgeCorvus wrote:@ Trawlerman.
I'm curious, why a kelly kettle for your GHB?

I ride a motorcycle so the Kelly Kettle would be nice to have and would go in my topbox. I doubt if i'd carry too far away from the bike but if i were to break down, a hot drink would be most welcomed whilst stranded in bad weather.

This is my lil' Honda ..........

Area 10 - East Yorkshire
Radio Amateur ex-G7NNT now M0NNT

'In Omnia Paratus'
hobo

Post by hobo »

Winter shopping trip again today! I have my list and chip away at it. I've 3 free days (except for a gig on Saturday night) so I'll be hauling (mainly) food from the shops in my rucksack and clearing/cleaning kitchen cupboards.
kizzie

Post by kizzie »

New to this thread.

I have stepped up my prepping. I was only doing it half hearted as didnt feel I wanted to do it if my daughter who lives down the road wasn't on board. My eldist child lives in bucks and knows what is what and why he needs to prep, my other son lives in Scotland and lives day to day has 4 children and there isnt anything I can do about that other than when I visit next mth sit them down and have a chat with them about some kind of prep.

So anyway. Last week went out and bought a huge amount of pasta, rice cous cous and the like, plus vitamins and medicine for the little ones. So will just continue to add to that prep ( I dont eat the food my daughter and her family eat) So its made me feel a bit better.

I have made Pemmican for myself last week, and that will keep me going for a long time. ( I eat Keto) So will keep making more of that.

Yesterday started to empty my two freezers of food ready for a longer term storage. I am dehydrating all the veg and putting into vacuum packs and jars.

Making lots of meals to dehydrate and bag or jar up. I will keep one freezer going for any shopping or bargains I pick up ready to dehydrate.

Today I am reducing a huge pan of chicken bone broth into a sizeable amount to dehydrate.
Also going to clarify butter, and put that into jars.
cypher

Post by cypher »

Stocking up the winter backup cupboard with food/water plus rotating the usual cupboards.
Area 6
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

Trying to cram 30 packets of quick oats into a kilner jar...its not happening!!! Will have to get a lock and lock box instead :roll:

I found a new-ish car yesterday 2006 reg with under 6000 miles on the clock, full service history, one done after 150 miles :shock: one older gentleman owner and its pristine inside and out!! He only used it to go to supermarket and local jaunts out, garaged too so not even a squashed insect on it!! My OCD was non existent sitting in it yesterday :lol: after some of the horrors I saw and refused to even get in this felt amazing! Feeling so relieved I can't express how grateful I feel. Picking it up tomorrow as its having an MOT and tax renewal free of charge! :D wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen the FSH with my own eyes. Big queue of potential buyers are going to be very upset that its gone tomorrow, they couldn't get there before closing yesterday and I snuck in 1 hour before closing time. It was meant to be. 8-)
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
kizzie

Post by kizzie »

Decaff wrote:Trying to cram 30 packets of quick oats into a kilner jar...its not happening!!! Will have to get a lock and lock box instead :roll:

I found a new-ish car yesterday 2006 reg with under 6000 miles on the clock, full service history, one done after 150 miles :shock: one older gentleman owner and its pristine inside and out!! He only used it to go to supermarket and local jaunts out, garaged too so not even a squashed insect on it!! My OCD was non existent sitting in it yesterday :lol: after some of the horrors I saw and refused to even get in this felt amazing! Feeling so relieved I can't express how grateful I feel. Picking it up tomorrow as its having an MOT and tax renewal free of charge! :D wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen the FSH with my own eyes. Big queue of potential buyers are going to be very upset that its gone tomorrow, they couldn't get there before closing yesterday and I snuck in 1 hour before closing time. It was meant to be. 8-)
Great find! Do you mean they are giving you money off for the Tax as only you can do your tax now, its not transferable anymore.
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

kizzie wrote:
Decaff wrote:Trying to cram 30 packets of quick oats into a kilner jar...its not happening!!! Will have to get a lock and lock box instead :roll:

Great find! Do you mean they are giving you money off for the Tax as only you can do your tax now, its not transferable anymore.
He paid the tax in my name using his company card, I have a printed receipt for it and everything. Amazing find!
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.