What preps are you doing this week? part 2.

How are you preparing
cornerstone

Re: What preps are you doing this week? part 2.

Post by cornerstone »

I am going to look around for some better grain storage containers.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Living breathing gingerbread! Yay! :lol:
jansman

Post by jansman »

I am going to sort, and reduce, the gear I carry in my car. Then the next project will be to sort out our HOB (HOtel Bag). Too much stuff is chaotic.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

When I get some ME time I'm going to sort out my new EDC/GHB (Christmas present), I've more or less got the list to a realistic point, but I think I'm going to have to get some ziplock bags to pack the stuff and keep it all waterproof. I've got some bags but I'm going to need different sizes I think, the ones I have are too small for some bits.
junmist

Post by junmist »

Sorting out the stuff in the back of the car and making it tidy
AREA's 5-6 and 4
Feet the original All Terrain Vehicle
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

sniper 55 wrote:When I get some ME time I'm going to sort out my new EDC/GHB (Christmas present), I've more or less got the list to a realistic point, but I think I'm going to have to get some ziplock bags to pack the stuff and keep it all waterproof. I've got some bags but I'm going to need different sizes I think, the ones I have are too small for some bits.
I got a lot of different size bags from Amazon, packs of a hundred, mostly for a couple of quid and I use them to put all sorts of stuff in for rucksacks/bags etc.

On the preppinng front, I got another hatchet and some kilner jars from Her Maj, also a 50 quid Amazon voucher which has been wisely invested on a bow saw, bivvy bag and some other bits and bobs. I was swithering to go with more exotic stuff that I've half fancied like some smally short range radios but I kept it simple.....until next time. :D
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

I've used half of an Amazon voucher too :mrgreen: apoca-fiction, The Age of Miracles, which I'm going to review one fine day, a book on herbal medicine and a nurse's dictionary.
Ragdolly

Post by Ragdolly »

Backtracking a wee bit to Terry T.... 2 handfuls of cashew nuts is the organic equivalent to a dose of Prozac. My DH is off the anti depressants now and we both shove a handful of these bad boys in our face each day.

I'm not suggesting you ditch any of your meds (God forbid) but cashews are readily available, easy to stockpile and store and may just give you a little bit of a rosy glow knowing you have some kind of backup. It can't hurt.
terrytaylor84

Post by terrytaylor84 »

I hate to say it, but I think I would rather go mental than touch cashew nuts, haha. Ugh urgh yuck.
DustyDog

Post by DustyDog »

Spent too much this Christmas so no prepping until new year, start again next week.
Up in the wet South Lakeland