What preps are you doing this week? part 2.

How are you preparing
ForgeCorvus

Re: What preps are you doing this week? part 2.

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Stasher, Decaff: When TSHTF I'm coming to your house(s) :lol:

You only have too much chocolate when you have to cut your TP stocks to accomodate it ;)

ETA: 24hours and we're up to page three...... Only another 506 to go :lol:
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

ForgeCorvus wrote:Stasher, Decaff: When TSHTF I'm coming to your house(s) :lol:

You only have too much chocolate when you have to cut your TP stocks to accomodate it ;)

You would be welcome, better be quick though, I fear the goodies box would be the first emptied 8-)
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

ForgeCorvus wrote:
This surprised me when I logged on tonight! :shock:

Re: Chocolate - you can never have too much chocolate....but we don't smoke or drink so chocolate is our only vice! :twisted:
cumbrianish

Post by cumbrianish »

My chocolate and biscuit supplies are currently masquerading as Christmas food so OH doesn't eat the lot! Will defo have to restock in the new year :shock: :oops:
Forewarned is forearmed
Waterbaby

Post by Waterbaby »

Its liquorice in our house that has a storage life of approximately one hour.

You should all stash your chocolate with me -its one of the low blows of life that means it gives me migraine.

At least I now know the most valuable bartering commodity -give it 4 hours after the shtf and I will open trading.
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

thinking of getting a coffee stand post SHTF ,that's what you need to do , they will be needing there fixes , even greater than a zombie needing flesh, and will be able to charge the weight in gold for it .

Poppypiesdad coffee anyone ;)
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
ukpreppergrrl

Post by ukpreppergrrl »

I'm storing lots of dried fresh chillies for bartering! It's the scourge of modern cuisine in my books, creeping in where it has no place to be, so ubiquitous it's often no longer mentioned as an ingredient! However, evidently it's very, very popular and as for everyone else but me it seems to make plain, prepping food palatable, it's clearly going to be up there with chocolate, coffee and alcohol as a desirable commodity. But unlike the others in my list, I myself am not partial to it and therefore won't consume it before time! :D
Blog: http://ukpreppergrrl.wordpress.com
التَكْرَارُ يُعَلِّمُ الحِمارَ "Repetition teaches the donkey" Arabic proverb
"A year from now you may wish you had started today" Karen Lamb
Trawlerman

Post by Trawlerman »

Making a lanyard for my new Lansky knife. I have loads of paracord and need to learn some knots so making a Lanyard seems an obvious starting point.

Not having much luck so far but i'll get there in the end! :lol:

Oh and sorted out a Lanyard for my MS-2000 Strobe. The thin lanyard was removable so I replaced it with a small ring and equally small clip that connects to a larger carabiner. All done and dusted now and hanging from my bag nicely. Might still add in something else for backup just in case. Lotta money to lose if it goes AWOL.
Area 10 - East Yorkshire
Radio Amateur ex-G7NNT now M0NNT

'In Omnia Paratus'
woodsman

Post by woodsman »

being new to prepping I'm looking for ideas from you guys, looks like i have to buy masses of chocolate and biscuits....
so my homebrew wine will wash it all down very nicely. and im learning that practice makes perfect. more wine more choccy
and test the wine again and maybe a little more wine just to be sure. :D
DustyDog

Post by DustyDog »

Andy, how much will that inverter run??? Can you say where you bought it, do you still use your wooden crate inverter etc, kinda on a xmas wish list. As for preps this week, spent u[p in Aldi and Tesco, have my second crate of tinned food almost full, have bought some coop firelighters and cooks matches to squirrel away, after payday (to far away for my liking) will get replacement Tilley pump and some more meths and paraffin.

Dont have a choccy stash, it wouldnt last in this house and i hardly touch the stuff anyway :lol:
Up in the wet South Lakeland