What preps are you doing this week? part 2.

How are you preparing
hobo

Re: What preps are you doing this week? part 2.

Post by hobo »

Where did you buy it from, Andy?
PreppingPingu

Post by PreppingPingu »

Finally got round to ordering a .5l Kelly kettle, 'cept its got a different name so was £10 cheaper than the other ones on Amazon. I will try it out down the allotment when I am turning the earth and prepping the beds for next years spring growth. At least I can get a cuppa without gas or leccy now and without having to make a proper fire :)
"Today is the tomorrow that you worrried about yesterday" - unknown
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Red Dwarf
(Area 3)
munchh

Post by munchh »

I'm deciding what to put in this years winter EDC bag for my work van, i may do a thread ;)
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
hobo

Post by hobo »

Bought a biggie today!

A Lifesaver Cube and a Cube Replacement Cartridge.

http://www.lifesaversystems.com/lifesav ... saver-cube
The LIFESAVER® cube™ is the perfect family accessory allowing you to have access to instant sterile water for your home and leisure time. A simple to use portable device, requiring no installation and offering up to 5000 litres of water filtration, the LIFESAVER® cube™ is the latest product in the LIFESAVER® Family.

With the LIFESAVER® cube™ you will be able to access water from a variety of sources including compromised tap water and instantly provide clean water for your family, just FILL, PUMP, DRINK™. It is the ideal home accessory reducing lime scale and chlorine in your water.

http://www.lifesaversystems.com/lifesav ... GHsiGIgGSM
This cartridge is preserved and sealed in Military Grade Foil packaging allowing it to be stored safely with shelf-life of up to 10 years. You then get a further 5 years usage once opened. That’s 15 years in total.
Obviously I'm a completely part-time prepper, otherwise I would have gone for the Lifesaver bowser - good for 2 million litres! http://www.lifesaversystems.com/lifesav ... fesaver-c2

Seriously, I've been saving up for the Cube for a while now and I'm really chuffed to have finally ordered it :D
Saving up for some extra activated carbon filters now and a replacement cartridge for my Lifesaver bottle!
ukpreppergrrl

Post by ukpreppergrrl »

Yesterday my Dad bought me a couple of walkie-talkies from Decathlon. 7km line of sight, 500m in a city. 8 channels with CTCSS, hand's free voice activated kit. Good enough for communication on a convoy. Have been missing the communications side of my preps, I at least have a basic system now. Not had a walkie-talkie since I was a kid and my friend and I split the cost of a set. Ah...memories...!
Blog: http://ukpreppergrrl.wordpress.com
التَكْرَارُ يُعَلِّمُ الحِمارَ "Repetition teaches the donkey" Arabic proverb
"A year from now you may wish you had started today" Karen Lamb
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

hobo wrote:Where did you buy it from, Andy?
Amazon from a supplier called pvr I got the last one they listed...

But this is it

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00CM9A ... X110_SY165
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
hobo

Post by hobo »

Thanks!
Stasher

Post by Stasher »

preppingsu wrote:
poppypiesdad wrote:
Need to replenish emergency chocolate supply , I ate it :o

J
:lol: we replenish ours weekly!!!! :lol:
Umm

Err

If we ate ours in a week our arteries would close down............... :oops:

Does that mean I have too much chocolate :oops: , or is that an oxymoron.................................... :lol:
Knowledge is power
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

You can never have too much chocolate!! Been really good with the chocolate stash and not touched it.... Yet!!! :? Have had to stop my son from digging in a couple of times though... Lol I have however scoffed both boxes of the replacement granola bars :shock: I may leave it a whike before restocking the restock stock!!! :lol:

Took delivery of 48 packs of two biscuits, ginger, chocolate chip and fruit. In packs of 2 so perfect for grabbing a few packs to put in the car.
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

Old army trick that we used to do is go to the naffi and buy 5 marsbars , take back to room and bind them in loads of black and nasty gaffa tape , enough to put you off just having one ,but not so much that when frozen and hunger you would have enough energy to open them . As a bonus youll have spare gaffa tape too.

j
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.