What preps are you doing this week? part 2.

How are you preparing
sniper 55

Re: What preps are you doing this week? part 2.

Post by sniper 55 »

I had a go making a penny stove last night, it looks a bit rough, but I did only take about 5 minutes to be fair, I'm going to get some meths today and see if it works....... Then I might try making a better one.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

First ever use of a knife - I know loads of people live in circumstances where they need to use knives for various things, but I don't. However ... getting rid of sycamore seeds from my paving, one had become seriously lodged in a little gap, it was going to sprout and I'd have a foot high sapling in no time. Cue my lovely little spyderco knife http://www.edcgear.co.uk/ProductDetails ... ode=SC137P to flick it out of the gap! V pleased :mrgreen:
digi

Post by digi »

ive been meaning to get some for a while, but as i work all over the place, including in busy areas, i got some israeli bandages to go into my bags but more importantly one into my EDC pouch (which i will eventually get around to putting pictures up of)
cornerstone

Post by cornerstone »

I have done a storage tub of pancake mix and am now working on the ingredients for cake in a mug
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Arzosah wrote:First ever use of a knife - I know loads of people live in circumstances where they need to use knives for various things, but I don't. However ... getting rid of sycamore seeds from my paving, one had become seriously lodged in a little gap, it was going to sprout and I'd have a foot high sapling in no time. Cue my lovely little spyderco knife http://www.edcgear.co.uk/ProductDetails ... ode=SC137P to flick it out of the gap! V pleased :mrgreen:

They are lovely and sharp was using mine to cut wrapping paper tonight since this house lacks scissors that can cut the cheap shitty 5 miles of christmas paper on a roll ........
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

I was checking the stored winter squash this morning and found one had a soft spot so I have chopped it up and roasted it with an equal amount of sweet potato for freezer fodder. :)
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
DustyDog

Post by DustyDog »

Just doing final preps for Christmas this week, no time or money for anything else.

All the best to everyone, merry Xmas and a great new year.

Will probs log on before new year. :lol:
Up in the wet South Lakeland
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

DustyDog wrote:Just doing final preps for Christmas this week, no time or money for anything else.

All the best to everyone, merry Xmas and a great new year.

Will probs log on before new year. :lol:
Well said :mrgreen:

Yikes DD, just seen where you are - hopefully you're dry (in the not-flooded sense, not in the no-alcohol sense!).
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

I bought myself a daysack for Christmas (on sale in tresspass, half price) which is going to be my "proper" EDC/GHB, I've been using a very small rucksack, but it's just too small, I can't even get my WP trousers in it, mind it was only £3 so I suppose you can't expect a lot, at least in lightened the load on my pockets.
I've been getting grief from Mr's S, shes grumbling that the back of my jacket in being pulled up by the weight of the front pockets, suggestions of adding pockets to the back didn't go down well..... :)
dangerman

Post by dangerman »

I'm off to Go Outdoors in Wigan this afternoon. I'm going to buy some Groundhog pegs for my crappy little tent - because my wildcamp is happening on Tuesday. And it's forecast some pretty smeggy weather.

Any advice for camping in these kinds of situations? This is surely of interest to anyone with tents in their BOBs.
I love motorcycles like a fat guy loves cake. I also love cake.