What preps are you doing this week? part 2.

How are you preparing
Decaff

Re: What preps are you doing this week? part 2.

Post by Decaff »

Bought 3 of the 9 LED torches for £3 each in Tesco, 2 bags of cheese and onion bread mix, 2 bags of sun dried tomato bread mix, 2 bags wholemeal bread mix, 2 bags of crusty white bread mix, big bag bread flour, 1 box of yeast sachets, 5kg bag of sugar, tins of fruit, sachets of coffee and hot chocolate drinks.

Bread mixes in the freezer to kill any nasties, sugar decanted into kilner clip top jars, all logged in excel.

Today, after lugging it all up the stairs yesterday, I can't lift my left arm properly without pain :cry:
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
Wulfshead

Post by Wulfshead »

Decaff,
Wish your arm a speedy recovery.

Wulfshead
Area 4 Coordinator

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

Thanks WH, a nice soak followed by arnica should ease it a bit.
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
Trawlerman

Post by Trawlerman »

My CREE Q5 flashlight came this morning. Very cool and super bright. It takes a single 14500 3.7v Lithium or an AA battery. For the £3.50 or so that I paid for it is an absolute bargain! The finish could be a bit better but I can't argue at that price.

Compared to my higher-end Surefire 6p and a Surefire C2 it's surprisingly much brighter than either of those.

I needed another torch like I need another hole in my backside but I guess you can never have enough backups? That's my story and i'm sticking to it :lol:

I've scratched a little money together for some preps next week too. Hopefully a Baofeng UV-5r will be coming my way soon. And some PLCE straps for my NI Patrol Pack.
Area 10 - East Yorkshire
Radio Amateur ex-G7NNT now M0NNT

'In Omnia Paratus'
Briggs 2.0

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

Well, I was planning on making the final connection on my rainwater project but I over-tightened the thread and broke my Shurflo pump. Really annoyed with myself as that's £50 down the drain (excuse the pun) unless I can get some spares. I'm now back at home in a right mood although I bagged a couple of cock pheasants which sort of makes up for it.

EDIT: Found the spare part for £20 plus vat so I'll buy a new one and fix the old one to keep as a spare.
Off-Grid & Living Outdoors
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

hobo wrote:me and my eldest lad went to see David Malone speak last night (author of Debt Generation and blogger at http://www.golemxiv.co.uk). I need to have a really good think and re-evaluation of how and why I'm prepping over the next few days.

We were left open-mouthed at the implications of what he was saying about NHS privatisation, the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership, food, and more.

If he's right - and he backed up everything he said with concrete facts - in a sense, the shit is hitting the fan right now, in slow motion, under our noses
Interesting link Hobo some very good articles on there and tends to back up what I've believed for some time , the long slow crash. After you evaluate your how's and why's of your prepping would it be possible to say what or how you intend to change?
hobo

Post by hobo »

Yes, the long slow crash!

I suspect my preps will be more for the long haul - for my kids and their kids (if they have any!). Community building. Getting better at growing food. Fitness. Increase my knowledge of first aid and medicinal plants etc.

I'll feedback when I come up with something. Doing lots of reading at the mo.
Jotnarjager

Post by Jotnarjager »

hobo wrote:Yes, the long slow crash!

I suspect my preps will be more for the long haul - for my kids and their kids (if they have any!). Community building. Getting better at growing food. Fitness. Increase my knowledge of first aid and medicinal plants etc.

I'll feedback when I come up with something. Doing lots of reading at the mo.
I think this is important. We aren't sure whether or not things are going to go down the pan in our lifetimes, but our own lifetimes aren't important. We have lived in an age where most of us if we really think about it could have what we want within reason, we have lived our lives, what is important is our children's and grandchildren's futures.

If we are able to pass on any information to the next generation which helps them then we have have done our jobs in my opinion. :)
patrickm35

Post by patrickm35 »

Morning all, been out and brought . An axe , 4 handwarmers, 3 energy bars, cook set small gas canister , air rifle bag but its too small. 2 bag meals , sausage and beans. Meatballs and pasta. All for my get home bag . Thanks
hobo

Post by hobo »

Yes Jotnarjager, information and skills!