What preps are you doing this week? part 2.

How are you preparing
Mad Scientist

Re: What preps are you doing this week? part 2.

Post by Mad Scientist »

I've got a supply of free shredded paper. It's for the chicken run and the used stuff composts really well! The fresh stuff is great on a bonfire.

I've also ordered EHIC cards for the family (European Health Insurance Card) for our holiday. Go to NHS website. It's a short, easy form and you get the cards in the post in a few days.Valid for a few years. I've also got Messages in a Bottle for medical / fire/ safety emergencies. All emergency services are trained to look for them. For more info find my thread "message in a bottle" in medical and healthcare.

Um, 3 bottles of wine and a bag of popcorn and a kitten. Something to keep a girl sane in a crazy world!
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Mad Scientist wrote: and a kitten.
We want pics!
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:
We want pics!
What Andy said. :D

(If you show me yours, I'll show you mine. :mrgreen: )
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Hamradioop

Post by Hamradioop »

NHS vulnerable to health card fraud, government admits http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-3384375

I would apply now if you haven't got one as the Gov will tighten up and go OTT with proof of Id and the like to get one. Residents of the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man are not eligible for an EHIC.
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
Wulfshead

Post by Wulfshead »

Took a long weekend up to Yarmouth and naturally gravitated to the center of Yarmouth's universe, the Military surplus shop there :D
Brilliant shop that I feel so at home in, I digress.
I bought some bits of kit that I fancied but my star purchas was a olive green shoulder bag/backpack for my solar rig and hub.
I also bought some kit my son wanted also.
A quick stroll to the tackle shop while the wife was ordering drinks and food for lunch and there I was buying more fishing hooks and line for our tribe.
I also underwent a very hard 4 day physical training event, us grandparents call it entertaining our grandkids :D :D
A great time with some R & R with a chance to stock up with prep/survival goodies thrown in now that Chelmsford's Military surplus shop has gone to the happy hunting ground in the sky.
I also finally got round to getting a decent pmr 446 radio set up in my daughters house, a slight modification will be needed before I'm totally happy with the thing.
I also ordered the book The Knowledge.

Wulfshead
Area 4 Coordinator

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Brambles wrote:
Yorkshire Andy wrote:
We want pics!
What Andy said. :D

(If you show me yours, I'll show you mine. :mrgreen: )
What they said :mrgreen: except I have no kitties right now...

Am also furthering my own preps by decluttering ... 40-odd magazines I'm seeing if I can sell them to a magazine site, otherwise they'll be in the bin - they're too shiny to compost safely. Lots of very old finance books going to the chazzer too. And I'm about to fill that space with extra stores - I want my winter preps all salted away before September, I can concentrate on other things then.

Starting to pick blackcurrants too - 1.5 lbs now :)

And the weeding in the back garden is finally making an impact **jumps for joy**
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Mad Scientist wrote: I've also ordered EHIC cards for the family (European Health Insurance Card) for our holiday. Go to NHS website. It's a short, easy form and you get the cards in the post in a few days.Valid for a few years.
One point with EHIC, you need to present the card at the time you use the service.
So, carry them (and your passport) with you at all times
Um, 3 bottles of wine and a bag of popcorn and a kitten. Something to keep a girl sane in a crazy world!
Pics of furball please ;)
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Mad Scientist

Post by Mad Scientist »

image.jpg
Meet Jelly our new kitten- partner in crime and agent of fluffy, adorable chaos! Hope the attachment is ok!
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

oH my! what a little cracker!

Here's mine, he's not a fuzzy kitten anymore, but still has lots of growing to do.

Rocky, having a 'princess' moment :mrgreen:

DSCN1362.JPG
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Mad Scientist

Post by Mad Scientist »

Aww, lovely, Brambles!

Well done everyone it's really inspiring to read about everyone's equipment and gardens coming along!