!!Getting Out!!

How are you preparing
QUAID

Re: !!Getting Out!!

Post by QUAID »

Been gathering stores this week - Food and Fuel.
This weeks lessons learned - Knowledge and the ability to Improvise / Bodge is priceless.
QUAID

Post by QUAID »

Last edited by QUAID on Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QUAID

Post by QUAID »

Decided that our decision point to return home would be in the first week of Jan 15. If no UK cases, we will go back.
Last edited by QUAID on Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bikerjoe83

Post by bikerjoe83 »

There are plenty of places I could plan to go, but given the huge amount of people between me and the place, I doubt I'd get there in one piece, or very quickly.

Instead I'm concentrating on bugging in. With any given scenario, I'd say I'd be better off in than out. I can protect my family better in the closed space of my house with minimal entry points than I can in the open potentially surrounded by the local drug dealers looking to steal my organised-looking bug-out bag.
QUAID

Post by QUAID »

Starting relocating back home tomorrow, been nearly 3 months away in a semi-isolated state. i will sum up some of the lessons learnt when maybe next week when i am settled back.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

QUAID you def nee to take care of hands and feet, as if you get infection in either then yer knackered lol. Good footwear with thick socks and lots of gloves. :mrgreen:
Stasher

Post by Stasher »

QUAID wrote:Starting relocating back home tomorrow, been nearly 3 months away in a semi-isolated state. i will sum up some of the lessons learnt when maybe next week when i am settled back.
Quaid

Those three months must have been HUGELY educational. I suspect you are in a stronger position now to prep than most of us will ever be. I hope you'll share some of the lessons with us, looking forward to hearing about your experiences
Knowledge is power
QUAID

Post by QUAID »

A summary of my little Ebola relocation:

Lessons learnt:
No matter how much stuff I had, the impending SHTF thoughts that 'could have' been upon us led me to always want more.

Information gathering via news sources was key - listening for any indication of a UK 'break-out'.

Hard wearing gloves are essential.

FFP3's and bleach/soap essential.

There are many other factors and equipment which I used, too long to list here, these are just some of the things that spring to mind, but a good knowledge of all your working systems is key, not only for repair, but maintenance and troubleshooting too (basic electrical solder & repair, engine and pump servicing repair and cleaning etc).
Last edited by QUAID on Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Devonian

Post by Devonian »

Great post Quaid and thanks for all the updates etc.

Do you mind if I ask, without the need for you to be specific, but from which part of the UK did you bug out from and which part of the UK and what type of area is your BOL located in?

Just curious ;)
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Great post, Quaid. I remember you going there, and as you say, it might be seen as an over-reaction now, but I'm so glad you kept at it, and that you've posted updates. That experience must be really valuable - as you say, keeping things going was full time. Huge learning curve, and thank you for sharing it.