Getting Ready To Drive In The Snow

How are you preparing
Magz

Re: Getting Ready To Drive In The Snow

Post by Magz »

Well I've just found out the screen wash thing is leaking, which is odd, coz it was fine a few days ago, it's way to cold to take the mud flap off and lay on my back to try fix it, within minutes of being out my fingers were frozen! Left the wipers on, coz I don't fancy trying to mess around putting them back if it's snowing in the morning, but I gave them a good clean.
I'm guessing 2 things with the screen wash, 1 ,I think the little jet things might be frozen, so the water can't get out, and 2, I've put more water in the I usually do, so might be the leak is higher up on the hose, coz it doesn't look like all the water came back out, I've come in for a cupa tea and a warm up before I investigate more!
Carrot Cruncher

Post by Carrot Cruncher »

Well the cold has finally killed the engine battery on the Camper Van, I just had a look down Makro and they wanted about £85 for one big enough for a 2.5 diesel :shock:

Think I will have to shop around a bit

CC
Magz

Post by Magz »

diamond lil wrote:We once got stuck 2 miles away up on the moor when we first moved here. The plough had to take my kids off to a pub that had opened for travellers, but they left us :mrgreen: . Then the plough got stuck up a farm road !We eventually after a police landrover cleared the way, got the car into a pub carpark . (Picture the pub in the "American Werewolf in London" --- just like that one LOL )
That car was stuck there for FIVE DAYS . With a boot full of coal... while I sat down here freezing with none . :mrgreen:
Haha but I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time Lil, That's real bad weather!
Magz

Post by Magz »

preppingsu wrote:
Magz wrote:
Bulldog wrote:A little tip my dad always swore by was to have some weight in the boot to stabilise a car.
Also it might be worth buying a builders hi viz vest so if you have to leave your car the viz jacket might stop some fool running you over.

Funny enough I was looking at them the other day. But that thought is why I'l be taking the lantern and more glow sticks! few elastic bands and I'l be glow in the dark Magz :lol:
I believe that Poundstretcher may still have reflective vests in. I have one from there I use when out running.
preppingsu
Thanks Sue I'l check that out, coz ones I seen was about £30, couldnt afford that!
Magz

Post by Magz »

Carrot Cruncher wrote:Well the cold has finally killed the engine battery on the Camper Van, I just had a look down Makro and they wanted about £85 for one big enough for a 2.5 diesel :shock:

Think I will have to shop around a bit

CC
I use a company called Euro Parts, Halfords wanted around £60 for my battery, got 1 at Euro for £32
scoobie

Getting Ready To Drive In The Snow

Post by scoobie »

2nd vote for Euro Car pars, use them all the time!
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail - Benjamin Franklin
Carrot Cruncher

Thanks Magz/Scoobie, I will give them a try

CC
Magz

Post by Magz »

They have a store locator, and an online shop

http://www.eurocarparts.com/
Carrot Cruncher

Magz wrote:They have a store locator, and an online shop

http://www.eurocarparts.com/

Thanks Magz, I just looked and the cheapest is £75 on there, about a tenner cheaper than Makro but blooming heck....shows the last time i bought a van battery :lol:
Magz

Post by Magz »

You could try an add on Gumtree, you never know, you just might find 1 cheap or free even. I placed an add a while ago for a calor gas heater said I only had £20 got me a heater with a bottle ! if you don't ask you don't get :lol: