how do you prep for international travel

How are you preparing
parian

how do you prep for international travel

Post by parian »

Hi all
I read a lot about BOB's GHB;s etc but how do you prep for a trip abroad, your not going to drag your suitcase along the line of evacuees.
I have a light weight 30ltr sack I put in my suite case, a small FAK with all my meds a UK legal knife, lightweight tarp, mila space blanket paracord & fire kit.
cloths etc will be what I normally take with me, food and water I get on arrival at the airport, on my last trip I borrowed one of those light weight blankets off the plane, $300 in various notes dispersed about my person.
how would you prep for a trip abroad

Ian
pseudonym

Re: how do you prep for international travel

Post by pseudonym »

As I wild camp on any trip abroad; my main hold luggage is a Bergen and that is only missing fluids which I fill up on arrival :mrgreen:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

Going abroad has it's risks I suppose, and in part that's why I've never been :lol: funnily enough a fine example of the issues we all face in a "what do we pack" case, a trip abroad in a different way is like bugging out in a fun way, the questions remain the same , what will I need? what will I regret not bringing? and look at all this useful kit I wish I could carry but can't.
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
Cocotte

Post by Cocotte »

I'm travelling abroad right now checking out a variety of farming styles as well as enjoying the sights.
Small first aid, leatherman/multi-tool, small sewing kit, bar of soap, zip lock bags, small duct tape are what I have used the most in the past 9 months.
Clothes wise; jeans, walking boots, thick socks, coat, blanket, towel, top, undies, smartphone.
That's pretty much all you need.
The phone covers communications, torch, compass, camera and entertainment. The only issue is charging, unless it's a big disaster, it's easy enough but my mate has a solar charger that's the size of a credit card and quite light, although it takes 3-4 hours to fully charge.

Although I have a lot more stuff just in case, all small and light. Lighters, wire saw, tin camp pans (I use to store the 1st aid in), a couple of shoes, glow sticks, hand charge torch, poncho, water filter for the bottle/flask, water purification tablets, monocular, handkerchief/bandanna, 2 tea lights, pack of cards, paracord.

All of that takes up to 1/3 of a school bag sized rucksack. The backpack is mostly clothes, shoes, condiments & toiletries, which I what I use for work or social occasions. Even this mini laptop & 1TB external hard drive are just additional pleasantries. If needs must, I could safely just take the backpack and have everything I need for travelling + plenty of space for food and water.
lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

going abroad and getting stuck there post SHTF does not bear thinking about and is not something I'm going to chance.
Adapt or Die, there is no middle ground.
rik_uk3

Post by rik_uk3 »

I love travel but doubt you'll get stuck somewhere without some warning. I'll be overseas a few weeks this year and as usual carry spare cash (£, $ and €), more than one debit and credit card, small water filter and buy a local sim to use with my phone. Cash and cards will take care of most things IMHO.
Richard
South Wales UK
Retired, spending the children's inheritance.
J23

Post by J23 »

rik_uk3 wrote:Cash and cards will take care of most things IMHO.
no they won't! you are wrong my friend!! when you go abroad (holidays etc) you need your 4x4 diesel run old (before 1992) bug out vehicle, you will need knife, urban camo and woodland camo clothes, tent, sleeping bag, 3 months of food supplies, 100l bugout bag, 2 knives, few things to start fire (lighter, matches, 2 pieces of wood), seeds to start new life in your bugout location, few hens, horse, couple of pigs and sheeps, rifle (0.22 as bullets are light and you can carry millions of them in your EDC), farming tools, the small swiss multitool (a MUST!), 3 knives, 200l barrel of water, 300 water puryfiing tablets small cistern with diesel and means to produce more diesel,
....oh, and lots of condoms
or ask your psychiatric to prescribe you some pills
IF you are not prepared like above for a week of holidays for example in Spain, you better stay home and keep panicking!!
Briggs 2.0

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

J23 wrote:
rik_uk3 wrote:Cash and cards will take care of most things IMHO.
no they won't! you are wrong my friend!! when you go abroad (holidays etc) you need your 4x4 diesel run old (before 1992) bug out vehicle, you will need knife, urban camo and woodland camo clothes, tent, sleeping bag, 3 months of food supplies, 100l bugout bag, 2 knives, few things to start fire (lighter, matches, 2 pieces of wood), seeds to start new life in your bugout location, few hens, horse, couple of pigs and sheeps, rifle (0.22 as bullets are light and you can carry millions of them in your EDC), farming tools, the small swiss multitool (a MUST!), 3 knives, 200l barrel of water, 300 water puryfiing tablets small cistern with diesel and means to produce more diesel,
....oh, and lots of condoms
or ask your psychiatric to prescribe you some pills
IF you are not prepared like above for a week of holidays for example in Spain, you better stay home and keep panicking!!
Yawn. The same old scaremongering nonsense. We already know you don't prep so please don't knock those who do. Instead of listing idiotic suggestions why not post something constructive to help the thread originator.
Off-Grid & Living Outdoors
rik_uk3

Post by rik_uk3 »

Sorry Briggs, who were you replying to there chap?
Richard
South Wales UK
Retired, spending the children's inheritance.
J23

Post by J23 »

rik_uk3 wrote:Sorry Briggs, who were you replying to there chap?
he replied me as I always laugh at people with paranoia :D