My Stealth Permanent Camp/Bug Out Location.

How are you preparing
stevecoles

My Stealth Permanent Camp/Bug Out Location.

Post by stevecoles »

hi guys,

i was asked to share some pictures of my permanent camp hidden deep within the new forest, this has taken me a while to carry ll of the things you can see in the pictures.

this camp is 10 meters from a small stream and has a 8 ft high fence all the way around forming a square about 50 meters on each side.
i dont know why the fence is here i just stumbled across it, before i 'moved in' it was thick dense woods but i did a bit of chopping and clearing, i used all the things i chopped down.

this camp is a tough 20 min walk from the nearest path.

i visit the camp twice a week and i have camped her lots of times.

you might think this is a bad idea but any questions please ask, im happy to answer!

this is the main area consisting of a camp fire and a few bricks, i have used bricks to hide the falmes and also so i am able to make a rocket stove inside a tent if its really cold.

this is the main tent.
at the moment it is used to store fire wood and other things i don't want to carry around with me all the time.

this is the tarp shelter i made. its a good area to stand up when its raining, i have also attached some camo netting to hide it a little better

my dog is always happy here. he loves it!

this is a bit of the fence to give you an idea of size.

once again any one has any questions, then let me know!!

steve.
Last edited by stevecoles on Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Devonian

Re: My Stealth Permanent Camp/Bug Out Location.

Post by Devonian »

A couple of things springs to mind.......

"Criminal Damage"

and

"Trespass"

You "will" find your camp trashed one day, that you can be sure off.
lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

yeah, I'm looking at a bit of land myself, less than 2 miles from the house-would make a good "bug out" but I don't know who owns it and I doubt very much that its registered, the only use its had in the last few years is it had donkeys on it but they disappeared a couple of years ago, might have to resort to putting a note on the gate!
Adapt or Die, there is no middle ground.
Sirmattyb

Post by Sirmattyb »

to be honest I think this is pretty cool. I would be worrying about people trashing it though but guess its pretty hidden if its been up a while? I have a few old tents laying around at home that I would use for something like this. pretty cool buddy :-)
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

at a guess, I'd say you are camped in a pheasant pen. The fence is to keep birds enclosed and safe from foxes etc whilst they acclimatise to the wild before the shooting season starts.
stevecoles

Post by stevecoles »

Sirmattyb wrote:to be honest I think this is pretty cool. I would be worrying about people trashing it though but guess its pretty hidden if its been up a while? I have a few old tents laying around at home that I would use for something like this. pretty cool buddy :-)
thanks bud,

its way to far from any paths for someone to stumble across it, i leave things around that i can tell if someone has been in the area, they are always just as i left it!

steve
stevecoles

Post by stevecoles »

Whisper wrote:at a guess, I'd say you are camped in a pheasant pen. The fence is to keep birds enclosed and safe from foxes etc whilst they acclimatise to the wild before the shooting season starts.

i did think that but it is in the new forest not on any private land.
plus there is no entry point, usually there is a door or gate but nothing, the dear numbers in the area are huge so maybe its to keep deer off of newly planted trees at the time.

steve
spindrift

Post by spindrift »

Whisper wrote:at a guess, I'd say you are camped in a pheasant pen. The fence is to keep birds enclosed and safe from foxes etc whilst they acclimatise to the wild before the shooting season starts.
Thats what I thought as well. Seem them often on Salisbury plain.
"A mind without purpose will walk dark places"
www.facebook.com/somethingborrowedbykelli
Briggs 2.0

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

Hmmm, when the gamekeeper comes around to check on his pheasant pen, I think he will be doing some chopping and clearing of his own. Are there any feeders nearby?

Nice Labrador by the way.
Off-Grid & Living Outdoors
stevecoles

Post by stevecoles »

did some research, the area isn't privately owned or used for shooting, in fact hunting in the area is prohibited, it is ran by the new forest commission, i was right about the newly planted trees area idea, its to keep dear away,

so as for the angry games keeper, im safe!

steve