What Preps are you doing this week? Part 5.

How are you preparing
Arzosah

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 5.

Post by Arzosah »

ChefSimon wrote:In other news I am off to France for 5 days on Monday to go on another bimble through the Pyrenees/south of France. Going to be a fun week and a chance to test out my revised BOB.
I'd love to hear how it goes!

I'm continuing to rid my corner of the world of brambles (sorry to *our* Brambles :) ).
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Arzosah wrote:
I'm continuing to rid my corner of the world of brambles (sorry to *our* Brambles :) ).
:lol: :lol:

Got some cold and flu remedy last week. Just in case. ;)
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
ukpreppergrrl

Post by ukpreppergrrl »

Bought new shoelaces for my Brasher hiking boots. 20 years old and this is their first replacement pair! And some replacements for the Timberlands...less than a year old hrmph... That said I usually wear out the boots/shoes before I wear out the laces.
Blog: http://ukpreppergrrl.wordpress.com
التَكْرَارُ يُعَلِّمُ الحِمارَ "Repetition teaches the donkey" Arabic proverb
"A year from now you may wish you had started today" Karen Lamb
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

ukpreppergrrl wrote:Bought new shoelaces for my Brasher hiking boots. 20 years old and this is their first replacement pair! And some replacements for the Timberlands...less than a year old hrmph... That said I usually wear out the boots/shoes before I wear out the laces.
Heck, I must be doing something wrong. I get through shoelaces every few months, and my paracord bootlaces dont last much longer.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Cleaned and tidied/rotated the kitchen cupboards. After a couple of shopping trips they are all now full to bursting again. Need more cupboards! :mrgreen:
PreppingPingu

Post by PreppingPingu »

Rotated the stock in my 1 week emergency box under the spare bed and added some oxo cubes (- they will make the rice and pasta a bit more interesting,) and 4 sachets of hot choc for that moral booster treat!
"Today is the tomorrow that you worrried about yesterday" - unknown
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Red Dwarf
(Area 3)
jansman

Post by jansman »

This week we are 'making do'at Chez Jansman.We have three freezers,and yesterday I switched one off after consolidating the contents of three into two.This will serve two purposes; Save electricity,and actually use the contents.

We have produce in the garden and polytunnel ,along with preserved produce etc. etc.So we shall use them,as I deplore waste.I had a 'Dad Rant' yesterday to my youngest daughter,who is profligate in the extreme.At 21,she earns more than me,and thinks because she gives mum 25 quid a week,she can use resources up like a biblical locust swarm!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
ukpreppergrrl

Post by ukpreppergrrl »

sniper 55 wrote:
ukpreppergrrl wrote:Bought new shoelaces for my Brasher hiking boots. 20 years old and this is their first replacement pair! And some replacements for the Timberlands...less than a year old hrmph... That said I usually wear out the boots/shoes before I wear out the laces.
Heck, I must be doing something wrong. I get through shoelaces every few months, and my paracord bootlaces dont last much longer.
Suspect it's me doing something wrong! It's one of the reasons I've never quite understood "temporary fix for a broken shoelace" as a reason to carry paracord. I can't actually ever remember breaking a shoe/bootlace! One of the Brasher laces is now fraying where it goes round the first hook, it hasn't broken but I thought what the heck! The Timberland laces have done something I've never seen before: all twisted up, again they haven't broken yet but I thought it best to replace them. I have very small feet...dunno if shoe size makes a difference to lace wear! :)
Blog: http://ukpreppergrrl.wordpress.com
التَكْرَارُ يُعَلِّمُ الحِمارَ "Repetition teaches the donkey" Arabic proverb
"A year from now you may wish you had started today" Karen Lamb
jenny1

Post by jenny1 »

Just bought some more food and a few bottles of water. My plan is to keep buying a small amount extra each week to build up my stocks. I'm also planning where in my small garden I'm going to put my veg patch.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

jenny1 wrote:Just bought some more food and a few bottles of water. My plan is to keep buying a small amount extra each week to build up my stocks. I'm also planning where in my small garden I'm going to put my veg patch.
That's the way to do it, just keep adding to the stash every week and it will build up. Have you got something to cook on if you lose mains ? Lots of cheap options out there, apologies if you're all over it.